Samana Peninsula

D

Dana

I am planning a family vacation for 10 adults (5 couples). Does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel or preferably a villa on the Samana Peninsula? Also, are there many activities available there (i.e, horseback riding, 4 wheeling, golf, etc?) Thanks!

S

sari

Good place to go is Las Terrenas, in the north coast. It's a village with lots of local people and turists as well, and lots of activities as well. You can do diving, horseback riding...lots of stuff. Ie you want to have an all inclusive, nice hotel is for example Cacao Beach, which is near the village. Nice resort is also El Portillo, but it's few kilometers from the village. Another all inclusive in Samana peninsula is Casa Marina Bay, but it's more isolated...Sorry I don't have now numbers for these places with me now...

A

Andy

For information about Las Galeras (where Casa Marina Bay is located) and the surrounding area (considered by many to be the prettiest part of the Dominican Republic) please e-mail me and I will provide you with local websites and other information regarding our area's offerings.

U

Ulf Bolve

I recommend Las Terennas, lot of small nice hotels. All comfort and service in town. Nice beaches and close to mountins. The Samana Peninsula is possible to do by car or bike in a day, so you will be able to reach what?s there. I stayed at a small place called Dini Hotel, close to the beach, recommended. Very friendly people, familylike management. Buy Lonley Planet it will be of great help.

Have a nice trip. If I can be of any help, please mail me.