gringo panhandler

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Ran into my first gringo panhandler here in zona colonial today..it is the scam someone was talking about in Puerto Plata the other day....
he was robbed by a couple dominicans on a bike...put a knife to his throat and he needed money to get by....or something....when he started his story I said...oh oh...sounds familiar...said good by...
so they are all over now...
so if you are visiting here now,be careful and do not be a nice guy....say "adios"
bob

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
jaguarbob said:
Ran into my first gringo panhandler here in zona colonial today..it is the scam someone was talking about in Puerto Plata the other day....
he was robbed by a couple dominicans on a bike...put a knife to his throat and he needed money to get by....or something....when he started his story I said...oh oh...sounds familiar...said good by...
so they are all over now...
so if you are visiting here now,be careful and do not be a nice guy....say "adios"
bob
Could be the same guy making the rounds of the country.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This may have been the pondscum that told me he was Ex US Military and just "needed $20 to get to the airport" in Santiago in June.

He had a printed out American Airlines itinerary as a prop.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Hipocrito Mejia said:
lol, he probably has a cibae?o accent too! :p:p:p

If you see him coming just say "Abul Abul" and keep right on going. :cheeky: :lick:

What a country!

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
panhandler

Hipocrito Mejia said:
lol, he probably has a cibae?o accent too! :p:p:p

had more of an Italian accent...very scruff looking and needed a
shave
he did have something in his hands looked like official paperwork...did not let him finish his speel...so he may have been after $20. for trip to AP...
bob

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Here in the capital city and everywhere things has turning very difficult so is better to have common sence and be so careful.