best restaurant in LT?

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
I am curious to see what everyone thinks as the best places to eat in LT. I intend for this thread to be a guide for many people in the future, so please provide as much detail as possible

Best breakfast?

Best place to eat lunch?

Best place to eat dinner?

If you like a place, maybe list a dish or two that the restaurant does particularly well and maybe even a price. Here are the places that seem to be popular in the guidebooks and on the Internet:

1) Casa Boga
2) La Yuca Restaurant y Pizzeria (opened in 2002 in front of Paseo de la Costanera)(is this the same as ?Yuca Caliente??)
3) Rancho Suizo
4) Restaurante Pizza Playa
5) El Cayuco
6) La Casa Azul
7) Brasserie Barrio Latino
8) Moorea Restaurant (western end of the beach)
9) Heidi?s Arche Noah (German food)
10) Hotel Tropical Banana
11) Restaurant in Hotel Diny (is it even open since the hotel is being renovated?)
12) Colibar (at the Hotel Playa Calibri)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Not on the List

DavidM said:
.... as the best places to eat in LT...

Best for some is near the beach, or cheap, or tasty, or where the coldest beer is served. ;)
Others savour Italian food over Dominican food.
So everyone according to his/her likings.

I for one find that Heiko's place "La Mina" is worth a visit.
The daily menu includes German dishes as well as local food (la bandera) at an amazing price of 125 RD$.
Fine cakes are also available.

m'frog

Last edited:

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Atlantis in Playa Bonita wins easily....

Colibar has the Italian best food of the area....

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
I've had a very good dinner, of inventive Dominican and French combined cuisine in a restaurant in Las Terrenas last May, gastronomically as good as anything I have had on the island. But unfortunately I forgot the name... It was located in front of the Casa Larimar hotel, not the pizzeria at the beachside, but the restaurant at the street between Casa Larimar and that pizzeria. Does anyone know the name of that place?

Last edited:

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
I for one find that Heiko's place "La Mina" is worth a visit
I don't recognise the name. Where's La Mina? Or where's it near?

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
I will post some reviews of placed at which I ate a few days ago as well as pictures of menus that I took. What is teh best way to post pictures to this forum?

I have heard many people brag about a new Italian place that supposedly has teh same chef as Atlantica, but I forget the name right now.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Ah! Sad to say I've never paid much attention to that area. I'll rectify that on our next visit in Feb. Thanks -- I thought this query had fallen through the cracks.

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
Playa Grecia

My favorite is Playa Grecia at Punta Popi, a little place right at the beach. The fish there is absolutely fantastic and the prices are reasonable.

Mar 27, 2006
The Colibar at Playa Colibri is now closed. The owners will re-open at their new place Alisei on November 1st. The restaurant manager and host, Graziano is moving over to Alisei. It will no doubt be great!