El Caucho Hotel in Boca Chica - very laid back cool people

davidcoyote

Aug 3, 2006
I had a great time in Boca Chica!! Staying at El Caucho was a huge factor in making this possible. Francesco, Dan and everyone else associated with the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. They made me feel at ease from the moment I arrived. The outdoor bar was always playing good music and the beautiful girls there were always ready to dance. The rooms were nice, air conditioned, clean, very close to the beach and reasonably priced. Unfortunately I was only there for a few days but it was definately quality relaxation (and partying). I recommend it highly.

Chef Dave from Washington D.C.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
How much do they charge for a room? Is the hotel within walking distance to the bars on Duarte?

BTW, Welcome to DR1.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Any relation to Wile E. Coyote?

davidcoyote said:
the beautiful girls there were always ready to dance.
Chef Dave from Washington D.C.
...and more, from what I understand...:bunny: :bunny:

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
rellosk said:
How much do they charge for a room? Is the hotel within walking distance to the bars on Duarte?
It is a 5 - 10 minute walk. What makes it's location great is at night it is quiet (Oh, I forgot the midnight shut down and everything is quiet). El Caucho is one block from the western end of Playa Boca Chica.

davidcoyote said:
I had a great time in Boca Chica!! Staying at El Caucho was a huge factor in making this possible. Francesco, Dan and everyone else associated with the hotel were very friendly and accommodating. They made me feel at ease from the moment I arrived.
This is what really makes El Caucho stand out. The owners and staff are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. I have stayed there twice and would not think of staying anywhere else while in Boca Chica. If you need anything El Caucho will go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable. I have absolutely no complaints about El Caucho.

Here is the link:
http://mi.verizon.net.do/cavaliere/welcome.htm

davidcoyote

Aug 3, 2006
Bigbird or anyone else - I am thinking about either buying a rental property down there or possibly a restaurant. Anyone have any recommendations of the best place to consider doing this?

Last edited:

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
sounds like somebody got hooked on DR living during his visit to el caucho!

I have only heard great things about El Caucho (from quite a few people too) . I am definitely planning on staying there for a few days in the near future.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
el caucho

ill be there august 25 for my 2nd trip in boca chica and recomend el caucho too.hope to see more people there soon.MAybe we can all do a barbecue one day.I was told the barbecue will be up and running soon.THE PLACE ROCKS.

fernandodiaz

Mar 27, 2005
I love El Caucho too. My english wife went to live in Dom Rep in 1999 and stayed at El caucho for quite a while before finding a home. I didn't know her then and she spoke very little spanish but the people took her and her brother in as friends and helped her whenever they could. When we visit Dom Rep now to see my family in Santo Domingo she always insists on passing Boca Chica to say hello to the guys at El Caucho. There are sincere dominicans out there and this is a great example! Manuel was in charge of the place then and he was excellent!