Anyone know of Antony Santos dates in Canada?

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
My good friend would like to see Antony Santos either in Montreal or Toronto. Anyone know?

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
You are dreaming?

Antony Santos in Canada? Don't hold your breath. It's hard enough to catch him on the North Coast in the DR. I hope I will have the chance again when I return in November.

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
snowbird44 said:
Antony Santos in Canada? Don't hold your breath. It's hard enough to catch him on the North Coast in the DR. I hope I will have the chance again when I return in November.

Hi snowbird
I will be there in november as well
Do you already have any information where he will be in november and when?

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
nikke-

Many of us would like to see him in Montreal or TO but....

The last time Antony Santos was in North America was in September 2004 at United Palace in NYC and from what I heard it was a challenge in terms of getting AS to agree to fly to NYC.

The DR is still your best bet or other bachateros in Montreal. Don't bother with Toronto for bachata concerts it's a joke. Go to Montreal in fact Elvis Martínez will be at the Latino Festival this weekend and there are many bachateros who perform in Montreal on a regular basis.

-LDG.

nikke said:
My good friend would like to see Antony Santos either in Montreal or Toronto. Anyone know?

Last edited:

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
No known dates for Antony Santos in the DR

:cheeky:
Hi snowbird
I will be there in november as well
Do you already have any information where he will be in november and when?

Hola ChicaBianca,
No, I am sorry I don't have any information about any concert dates in the DR. Usually I just watch the signs along the Carretera to find out about any concerts in the Sosua/Cabarete area. I will be in Cabarete from November to April and surely some of the bachateros will show up, especially now that the Sosua carwash is all renovated and has a roof.
In the past 6 years, I was only able to see Antony Santos twice. Frank Reyes is always there. Saw him 4 times last Winter!:cheeky:

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
That's too bad...It would be nice to see more bachateros in Toronto. Mind you, we have our own here...Alex Bello. I saw him at Plaza Flamingo on Friday night and he gave a great show.

http://www.alexbello.com/

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Nikke,

Alex Bello performed at the Toni Reyes festival last weekend, I did not have a time schedule for all the performers, so by the time I arrive, all I heard was Reggaton and the Columbian singer.

Alex will be also performing on Saturday, September 2nd, and Carlos Cruz as well, at the Hispanic Fiesta, Toronto, Ont. The Hispanci Fiesta is held at Mel Lastman Square the Labor Day long weekend.

You must also go and see CAFE CUBANA, only one of the band members is Dominican.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Fyi

I think I read somewhere that Antony Santos is performing at Rancho Merengue on Sept. 2 in Santiago. Anyone can confirm this??

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Nikke,

Alex will be also performing on Saturday, September 2nd, and Carlos Cruz as well, at the Hispanic Fiesta, Toronto, Ont. The Hispanci Fiesta is held at Mel Lastman Square the Labor Day long weekend.

You must also go and see CAFE CUBANA, only one of the band members is Dominican.

Here's a link to the program for the Hispanic Fiesta.

http://www.hispanicfiesta.com/