Somebody help my little girl, please!!!!!

desperate

Aug 4, 2006
I desperately need anyone's help. My 6 year old daughter is in the Domincan Republic (with her father, a Swiss national) and it came to my attention on my last visit with her in July that he is sexually molesting her. She was begging me to bring her with me to Canada, and she does in fact have Canadian citizenship. The problem is that the father obtained an illegal order for temporary custody and my hands are tied.

I was never given notice of a custody hearing nor have I ever received a copy of this order.

I spoke with a legitimate lawyer in Puerto Plata and she advised me that I need to move down there for 6 or 7 months to fight this order he has.

Given the fact that she is being abused and traumatized on a daily basis, I cannot let this go on for 6 or 7 months, by doing things the legal way. She is begging and crying on the phone to me to bring her here.

I need someone to recommend a lawyer who has good connections to a judge that can get me a temporary custody order so I can remove her right away. I really don't care how much it costs or whether it is done illegally or not. I am well aware that in the D.R. for the right price you can get anything done.

I am a hard working law abiding citizen and normally I wouldn't do anything illegal but this is breaking my heart and I need to help her anyway I can.

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'm going to ask you a few questions just to see if you have rights to go after him from Canada with Canadian laws.

Are you Canadian? Did he leave Canada with her and without your permission?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
desperate said:
and it came to my attention on my last visit with her in July that he is sexually molesting her..

Why didn't you go to the local authorities?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
there is no way in hell he could have full custodyof the child without a court hearing to which you have to beinvited to attend by registerd mail. Where does this guy live?

Get your butt down here asap, find a lawyer whereever he is living or PM me for one that will kick his balls up into his stomach...All you have to do is take the child (no matter how you do it) before a children's court judge and let her tell her story..end of it all!!

Do not belive all this schitt about so many months to fight this. Firs thing is to get the child out of the axxhole's hands...That can be done with a simple compl

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
And my question is:
If you had evidence of molestation on your visit to the DR last month, why didn't you take this evidence to the fiscal (prosecutor) and have him arrested? This seems much more logical than seeeking a custody hearing. It just seems odd to me that a mother would go home and leave a child in harms way like you describe.

desperate

Aug 4, 2006
I am Canadian, she was born in the D.R. When we seperated 1 1/2 years ago we had an agreement (verbal) that I would come here and get a job, home, stability and then he would let me bring her here. While I was in Canada he went behind my back and got an illegal order granting him temporary custody.

When I was there in July I did retain a lawyer and told her about the abuse. She said we would have to take my daughter to a doctor to examine her internally. When I explained this to my daughter about going to the doctor she started screaming and crying hysterically, she doesn't want ANYONE to touch her. My lawyer says I need to force her to do this but then I am traumatizing her even more and if I make her do this she will feel like she can't trust anyone. The only other option the lawyer gave me was to move down there for 6 or 7 months to fight the order he has.

Please don't post comments on here acccusing me of not doing enough, I am trying to do everything I can for her and protect her at the same time. I really don't want to subject this innocent 6 year old girl to some Domincan doctor sticking his finger up her.......

If anyone knows of a lawyer who can get what I need done, please give me his/her info. I will get on the next plane to do this.

desperate

Aug 4, 2006
The local authorities, please......I am only a stupid gringa with no rights. He has dominican residence and more status than I. He also has a very powerful lawyer.

desperate

Aug 4, 2006
And I have consulted with a Canadian lawyer who said she can't do anything as long as she is in the Domincan Republic. She suggested if I can find a way to bring her here the Canadian authorities will protect her because she is a Canadian Citizen. I even went so far to contact International Foreign Affairs and yelled and screamed at them to force an assessment down there on how she is being abused. The response, believe it or not was that it would be a bad idea to have an assessment done in the D.R. because in 15 years the rep. from foreign affairs has yet to see an unfavourable assessment even when the conditions for the children were horrid. She says the standard of living is so much lower than here, there is no CAS or resources like here AND a favourable assessment would work against me. I am at my witts end!

Fuel

Jun 29, 2006
desperate said:
I am Canadian, she was born in the D.R. When we seperated 1 1/2 years ago we had an agreement (verbal) that I would come here and get a job, home, stability and then he would let me bring her here. While I was in Canada he went behind my back and got an illegal order granting him temporary custody.

When I was there in July I did retain a lawyer and told her about the abuse. She said we would have to take my daughter to a doctor to examine her internally. When I explained this to my daughter about going to the doctor she started screaming and crying hysterically, she doesn't want ANYONE to touch her. My lawyer says I need to force her to do this but then I am traumatizing her even more and if I make her do this she will feel like she can't trust anyone. The only other option the lawyer gave me was to move down there for 6 or 7 months to fight the order he has.

Please don't post comments on here acccusing me of not doing enough, I am trying to do everything I can for her and protect her at the same time. I really don't want to subject this innocent 6 year old girl to some Domincan doctor sticking his finger up her.......

If anyone knows of a lawyer who can get what I need done, please give me his/her info. I will get on the next plane to do this.

Not accusing you of anything but, somethings don't add up. If the quickest way to get her back is by taking her to a "Dominican doctor", by all means do that. Its not your daughter's decision to make. Or mine for that matter.....

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It may not funny but...

desperate said:
What does that mean, sock puppet? Do you think this is funny?

how do we know who YOU are?
How do we know if you are right or the father is right. You say he is mollesting her-yet this COULD be a ploy for you to gain custody.
All of the posters to date have asked very important questions to try and determine how to help you or protect the child.
BTW-dont be offended by this post as you well know we dont know you any more than we know the father.

JOHN

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Fuel said:
Not accusing you of anything but, somethings don't add up. If the quickest way to get her back is by taking her to a "Dominican doctor", by all means do that. Its not your daughter's decision to make. Or mine for that matter.....
And as you have resources to pay, you can arrange to have the child safely sedated for the examination. She won't remember a thing. I agree, things just don't add up.

desperate

Aug 4, 2006
I realize that but she has been so traumatized and is begging me not to let anyone touch her. It is easier said than done when the mother feels like she is causing more harm. There is a difference between the way things are done down there and how they would be handled at a doctor's office here. Right now she is so scared and doesn't trust anyone, I am worried if I force her to do this she won't trust me either.

desperate

Aug 4, 2006
I never thought of having her sedated, thanks for that tip, I think it could work. Can anyone recommend a normal, accredited doctor in Puerto Plata that I could take her to? A female would obviously be preferred.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I don't care what you don't want. I don't care about you at all. On the other hand I do care about the child.

You are a dumazz...you left your daughter here alone with him and you truly believe what you are saying? You are weak. There are two things to do...get an excellent attorney.......and excellent doctor......NOW !!!!!! Start contacting your family for money if you don't already have money in bank. Second option is you come down and hire the right guys to handle the job. It is very cheap to do this here. Put your daughter on a plane and leave the country. Sorry, but when it comes to children...there are just to many parents in this world that show enormous weakness and stupidity. It is like they think these children are objects that can endure abuse unscarred. God, I could knock you upside the head.

this woman does not deserve pity. She needs to be slapped silly sense into her. Don't pity her. That is the problem in the world today. To many parents don't want to be parents.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
johne said:
how do we know who YOU are?
How do we know if you are right or the father is right. You say he is mollesting her-yet this COULD be a ploy for you to gain custody.
All of the posters to date have asked very important questions to try and determine how to help you or protect the child.
BTW-dont be offended by this post as you well know we dont know you any more than we know the father.

JOHN

You're right John this is starting to scare me. She hasn't answered the question about if he took the little girl out of Canada or not without her permission or if he had custody of her at the time he left Canada.

Too much info missing and hello your little girl is 6 not 18 who cares if she doesn't trust you if you are trying to save her.

desperate

Aug 4, 2006
Nobody can recommend a competant, gentle female doctor in Puerto Plata? Someone they would entrust with their own child?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
AnnaC said:
You're right John this is starting to scare me. She hasn't answered the question about if he took the little girl out of Canada or not without her permission or if he had custody of her at the time he left Canada.

Too much info missing and hello your little girl is 6 not 18 who cares if she doesn't trust you if you are trying to save her.
She did say that the child was born in the DR and that she lived with the husband in connubial bliss in the DR until a year and a half ago. Pending an examination of the child and an interview of the child by the authorities, there are just too many plausible scenarios possibly going on.

desperate

Aug 4, 2006
I did answer the question. Neither of us had custody when I left the D.R. He was never in Canada nor was she taken from Canada. She was born in the D.R. I am astounded at how many people on here have attacked me. If ANYONE knows of a way to get her on a plane and out of there please tell me how to do it (not merely suggest I do it) and I will leave today!