Ashy Faced Owls

Status
Not open for further replies.

hero

Aug 3, 2006
Hi all
Does anyone know if there are any studies taking place concerned with Ashy Faced Owls? I'd like to contact someone who would be able to tell me if there are/when the last study was done/if there are plans for one in the future/results etc.
hero

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
There are plenty of them around my property in the foothills north of Azua. Of course, with all the field mice, lizards, even cacatas. I've never been able to take a good decent picture of them, since they come out after sunset. However, my favorites are the guaraguaos (hawks)....Here's a picture I borrowed...

23r1kpg.jpg

hero

Aug 3, 2006
Hi Mirador
Thanks for the reply and photo. It's good to hear the Ashy Faceds are doing well in your area. As you say there is plenty of food for them. Our equivalent owl (The British or White Breasted) Barn Owl is endangered because of habitat loss due to intensive farming and developmentof the countryside. I hope your country doesn't go the same way as ours, as it's a lot more difficult to persuade farmers to reverse their methods or stop developers building than it is to not let them start in the first place. hero

Status
Not open for further replies.