not all dominican men are sankies

sarita

May 5, 2005
when i first met my husband many people were skeptical and told me to watch out. i was living in the dominican republic and we hit it off strsight away. he didnt know english so we spoke in spanish and our relationship progressed quite rapidly. we have now been married for 2 years and have a 15month old son. we are very happy together he is a great husband and father. i realise that there are many sankies in the dr especially in tourist areas and that you have to be careful BUT (please dont attack me) not all men in the dr are sankies only after money, visa or both.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Why would anyone attack you, sarita. I don't think all men in the dr are sankies and I'm sure most on this board would agree, especially those who live here and have gotten acquainted beyond the bar and disco crowd.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
when i first met my husband many people were skeptical and told me to watch out. i was living in the dominican republic and we hit it off strsight away. he didnt know english so we spoke in spanish and our relationship progressed quite rapidly. we have now been married for 2 years and have a 15month old son. we are very happy together he is a great husband and father. i realise that there are many sankies in the dr especially in tourist areas and that you have to be careful BUT (please dont attack me) not all men in the dr are sankies only after money, visa or both.
Of course.
I know lots of Dominican men who are just as normal as anybody else.
What we read here is about tourists in tourist zones meeting Dominican men who make their living from being sankies.
And 99% of the animation & hotel workers play the game.

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006

It really nice to hear your story Sarita, we hear the bad ones all the time. I know a couple of Brits married to Dominicans (one of whom has been happily married for almost 5 yrs to an ex resort worker) I think that the people who have been hurt by sankies need to vent their anger somewhere and its often on here!
All the very best to your family.

nic

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Thanks for sharing this. It is really nice to read a positive story in "sankie" forum. Does your family live in the DR or outside? It was not clear from the post :glasses:

ChicaBianca

Jul 13, 2006
Hi Sarita
It is good to hear positive things about the dominican men. As you say they do exist, even in the tourist areas but you have to be very carefully and it is not easy to find, but for sure they do exist.

Are you still living in the dr?

This is the key to that whole post i was living in the dominican republic and we hit it off strsight away. he didnt know english so we spoke in spanish Not a women in a resort for 7-10 days falling in love with the animacion guy.

sarita

May 5, 2005
we lived in the dr for 3 years and have recently returned to england. we hope to move back to the dr as soon as possible but for the moment england provides a better standing of living for our son. thanx for ur support guys and good luck to every one out there who has a nice doninican guy/girl.