Medical Personal Assistant & Driver

proudpeace

May 22, 2006
Hi,

We are hoping to move to the Dom Rep Sosua/Cabarete and are wondering how we would go about getting jobs.

I am currently a Medical PA and am wondering how much the average wage for this would be, not necessarily Medical.

Also my husband holds a Heavy Goods Vehicle Class 1, Articulated Wagon licence and would like something driving. He was wondering if Monster Trucks ever need drivers? ;)

Its very hard to know how to go about finding jobs and how much wages are likely to be.

If anyone has any advice or info for me it would be greatly appreciated. :cheeky:

Thanks

Debs
UK

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
While those are very good profession in deveoped countries, in the DR they are not so highly regarded nor are they paid a very livable wage.

Most families will take care of their infirm, and if the person is from a very wealthy family they will hire a local, Spanish speaking nurse, which are a dime a dozen....(something like a farthing for six)

Truck drivers, bus drivers all are unionized and I do not think that the locals would think very highly of an outsider coming in and taking a local's place..

While paradise is nice, you might give this another think or two.

HB :D:D

proudpeace

May 22, 2006
While those are very good profession in deveoped countries, in the DR they are not so highly regarded nor are they paid a very livable wage.

Most families will take care of their infirm, and if the person is from a very wealthy family they will hire a local, Spanish speaking nurse, which are a dime a dozen....(something like a farthing for six)

Truck drivers, bus drivers all are unionized and I do not think that the locals would think very highly of an outsider coming in and taking a local's place..

While paradise is nice, you might give this another think or two.

HB :D:D

Thanks for that, thats precisely the reason I'm asking and not assuming.

Maybe it would be time for that lovely bar on the beach front! :cool:

Thanks

Debs :bunny: