Secrets/Construction

Vance

Jun 13, 2004
Anyone know how bad the construction is at Secrets? This will be my 4th trip to the resort and I am reading reviews that there is significant construction happening near building 14.
Also, anyone know anything about an ownership change thats in progress? Thanks,
Vance

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
There is no ownership change.

The Excellence Group owns and has owned the resort in Uvero Alto since the name change from Royal Uvero Alto. At that time they entered into a management contract with AMResorts of PA, USA. This contract expires on December 31/06 (mas o menos) and the owners are taking over resort management. The name "Secrets" belongs to AMResorts so this will change to Excellence Punta Cana and the website (under construction) will be www.excellence-resorts.com

There may be some construction as I have heard of some new facilities but I am unaware of the extent.

Gregg

Last edited:

Vance

Jun 13, 2004
Thanks Gregg!

I am glad that its not an ownership change.

In regards to the construction I guess the owners are probably maitenancing and performing upgrades to the resort in preparations for the change in control.

I will know soon enough. I will be having drinks at Secrets this Friday 08/11 night.

Cheers!

Vance

Drugdog

Mar 28, 2003
Construction is for 4 rooms in the entire resort. Since you have been there so many times this will be to describe.

Imagine the walkway between the room buildings. It is a little covered area. Down by the Excellence club they are putting 2 rooms between these walkways. A room will be on the 2nd and 3rd floor. With the walkway staying on the 1st floor.

If you need more detail let me know. I have pictures somewhere on this computer.

Kevin

Vance

Jun 13, 2004
Kevin,

Thanks! Your response is appreciated. I would take you up on the pictures but it is not nescessary because we are pratically there already. It sounds like the construction reports have been over blown. I will make sure that they do not put me next door to the project.

My biggest concern is the impact of the noise to the beach since this what I go here for.

Vance