Good, Bad, or Indifferent?

What do you think the Econ/political situation of the Dr will be this time next year?

• Better than now.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • The same as now.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Worst than now.

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
What do you think the economic/political situation in the DR will be this time next year?

A. Better than now.

B. Same as now.

C. Worst than now.

-NALs

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
The tail will point in the same direction as the dog, the U.S. economy.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I don't see any improvements or attempts to improve the infrastructure, i.e. education, jobs, health, etc.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
The tail will point in the same direction as the dog, the U.S. economy.

That reminds me of a saying I once heard, "If the US gets a cold, the rest of the world gets the flu." Sad but true.

I didn't vote as I do not live in the DR, so I'll leave that up to others.

One thing I will comment on is the education system in the DR, it's a joke! If the DR ever wants to elevate beyond being a 'developing country' they need to put more money into education instead of some of the other crap I read about.

Jan 5, 2006
There is plenty of proof that things that really matter are still the same. Just read the papers for yesterday and today and you'll see that corruption is still as accepted as ever. Nothing has changed!

Joshua R

Jan 2, 2006
you guys are soooooo negative quit bitching about how everything is bad and do something about it

Jan 5, 2006
you guys are soooooo negative quit bitching about how everything is bad and do something about it
How exactly do you suggest that I infiltrate the circle of corruption that is the Dominican government? Can I bring up criminal charges against the colonel that was retired for accepting a $500k bribe? Or against the officers that were responsible for the Colombian drug trafficker that was supposed to be at La Victoria, but instead was at Buena Vista Mall getting a haircut while one of the officers held his beer? Or against Franklin Almeyda, Temistocles Montas and the others who tried to rob the country with the $132M US Dollars for "police equipment"?

Just how far do you think I'll get? :ermm: