Social Services Provider-Political Organization

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
In the process of developing a political party- social services provider- organization, structured to provide direct social, employment and economic services referrals, we come to this forum, DR1, for feedback to learn more about what kind of direct social services programs are most needed in the entire Dominican Republic; to help the low income Dominican families deal more effectively with their social & economic problems, as they may relate to:

1) FOOD:

2) SHELTER:

3) CLOTHING::

4) EDUCATION & TRAINING

5) EMPLOYMENT (JOB DEVELOPMENT & PLACEMENT):

6) GOVERNMENT & LEGAL ISSUES (BIRTH CERTIFICATE):

YOUR HELP AND INPUT IS IMPORTANT & GREATLY APPRECIATED, TO CREATE BETTER LIVING CONDITION FOR THOSE IN NEED OF DIRECT SERVICES AND ASSISTANCE TO RESOLVE POTENTIALLY OVERWHELMING PROBLEMS DUE TO THEIR LACK OF RESOURCES.:bunny:

Last edited by a moderator:

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
Educational & Employment assistance

That's easy! Give them number 4 and a little bit of number 5, and they'll take care of the other issues themselves.

Those services that can be provided, as they may relate to #4- "education" will consist of school enrollment assistance, academic support, once enrolled in school or vocational program, tutoring (Salas de tareas academicas) and supportive services such as transportation, via bus passes services; in other words general supportive services to help the students to accomplish their educational goals. The national government's department of education will remain to be responsible to provide "tuition free schools" and the curriculum.:

Regarding #5, those employment services can consist of employabilities skills, resume, intensive job search & delopment and placement, hopefully with the national department of labor providing tax credits and insentive to the employers community, hiring low income applicants.
Most of these services will have to be subsidized by the government, to some extent.:bunny:

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Regarding The OP's Questions

To begin with the questions posed are predicated on a firm Domestic and Governmental financial foundation to be implimented.
The DR does not have such a foundation and until the National debt is reduced to a managable level that foundation will not be forthcoming.
Therefore these questions are moot at this point in time.
There are many arguments and solutions, both pro and con, with regard to these problems and I must admit considerable frustration in seeking the answers to them.
The answer, I believe, lies in the willingness of the people to exert themselves and to create an atmosphere of self-help towards those ends.

Education: The average Dominican really doesn't have a grasp as to the impotrance of an education as a vehicle for "bettering" their socio-economic position. yes, they attend classes, such as they are, but put forth no effort to reinforce that which they are exposed to after school hours. The parents also don't encourage their children to put forth the effort necessary for that reinforcement and to augment the material having been presented.
Can one blame the Government for that deficiency in ambition?
Perhaps, to a degree, in that the level of instruction and the approach to education is stuck in the 19th Century development stage. Textbooks are not all that informative and are in an "outline" format to begin with. Students are not encouraged to augment classroom instruction, nor are they given extra work for home study toward that effort.

Parents do not truly participate in the "raising" of their children, leaving that task up to older siblings and others. No effort is demonstrated in the areas of teaching/encouraging self discipline, allowing the youngsters to "run wild" in an hedonistic manner. This lack of guidance and effort on the part of the parents is the root cause of most of the social problems exemplified in Dominican Society today. I know that there are those who will disagree with me in this observaation and will offer many "excuses" for the lack of social awareness of the average Dominican, but these are my conclusions.

I look back into the history following WWII and to the absolute devastation suffred by both Japan and Germany resulting from that war.
These countries, today, represent what the resultsof perserverance, dedication to a national effort, and just plain old guts can do if applied toward a common goal.
Japan has virtually NO natural resources other than the people themselves. They depend solely on imports of oil, iron, nikel and other metals vital to their manufacturing efforts. They depend on imports of many fruits and vegetables to reinforce and augment their daily diet. yet, they recovered from the devastation of their industries, their infrastructure, and the humiliation of having lost in a war of survival.
The "elite" of Japan pushed aside their natural greed and provided their wealth toward the National recovery and progress ofthecountry. A very selfless act at the time, considering that they had done the opposite for generations prior. An outstanding example of overriding patiotism and coordinated effort towards economic and social recovery.
Concentrated effort was made to provide an outstanding education for the population and was successful. One only has to observe the results of that effort today and Japan's position in the World Market.

I give this only as an example of how a nation can be banded together toward a common goal and the results thereof.

It is this sort of effortthat the Dominican Public needs to embrace in order to accomplish their goal of progressing beyound a "Third World" position.
That is what you should be encouraging, jtejeda, and not the insidiousness of seeking input on the various problems that won't be solved until the people themselves rise above the quagmire of the social degradation they have allowed themselves to sink into through their own lack of effort and ambition.
You obviously haven't learned the basic lesson in human survival; that of self generated effort to raise one's position/status/condition. You can't do it for them or you will reduce them to an even lower state of existance through destroying their natural sense of survival.

Texas Bill

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Those services that can be provided, as they may relate to #4- "education" will consist of school enrollment assistance, academic support, once enrolled in school or vocational program, tutoring (Salas de tareas academicas) and supportive services such as transportation, via bus passes services; in other words general supportive services to help the students to accomplish their educational goals. The national government's department of education will remain to be responsible to provide "tuition free schools" and the curriculum.:bunny:

Regarding #5, those employment services can consist of employabilities skills, resume, intensive job search & delopment and placement, hopefully with the national department of labor providing tax credits and insentive to the employers community, hiring low income applicants.
Most of these services will have to be subsidized by the government, to some extent.:bunny:

rtejeda:

Your proposal depends too much on "subsidies" to be a viable solution. The Government ofthe DR is overwhelmed already with subsidies to the "poor and downcast" population. I would suggest that it cannot sustain any additional "tax credits", "incentives" and the like until the alreaday overwhelming National debt is alleviated in 15-20 years in the future, if then.
Why don't you put your mind to how your platform will be financed without placing additional tax burdens on an already overwhelmed population. They're (we're) already paying some 40% on the cost of goods and services. How can additional taxation be sustained in light of that?
I know what your arguments against the Government are. You and I have stated them ad-nauseum for the past 6 years. but it is the only one we have at the present and until such time as the DR population demands an end to corruption and inefficient irresponsible government, we're stuck with the existing model. That model is, after all, one of democratic elections and a Republican format of public representation.
I'll say in advance that I don't agree with the model you propose because it is one that will eventually destroy any country through the pampering of the population for political gain. Such a system virtually destroys the inate vitality of any nation in the long run. "When a people determine that they can vote and demand for themselves a free lunch, that nation will eventually cease to exist".

So, what are your solutions to alleviate the incipient problems so prevelent here without the nation desolving into anarchy with each citizen demanding his government support him and his posterity, in all things, from "birth to death".

I look forward to your well thought out answers, not usual results of your fallacious reasoning.

Texas Bill

Last edited:

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Before commenting on your OP I wish to ask what it is concerning “Birth certificates” that you are asking or trying to imply? This question needs to be answered before I will or can comment.

As you were the one to bring up the work “Education” and as that is my PET problem about this country then that is what I will address.

As HM so humbly stated, if the people were educated then the majority if not all the other problems would be on the road to recovery. Of all the problems that are within the education system here one of the largest ones is the fact that the average student here only receives about 2 to 2 ½ hours of classroom work and instruction a day. This is a fact and the way it has always been. Last year the Secretary of Education instructed all schools that school would commence 2 weeks earlier then usual to try to make up for some of those yearly lost hours of teaching. This was in fact implemented but not on an even level throughout this country. Some started as dictated but most of them were late in opening as instructed. This year the Sec of Ed once again stated that school is to start on 21 August and look what is happening.

Here is a remedy that was initiated by the government to a problem that was studied by the government and found to be a problem and who are the people that are fighting this tooth and nail? It isn’t the government!! Life here never ceases to amaze me!!

Rick

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
The idea is to help as many people as possible.

Before commenting on your OP I wish to ask what it is concerning “Birth certificates” that you are asking or trying to imply? This question needs to be answered before I will or can comment.{QUOTE}

Whereas, many low income Dominicans, at times, have problems getting the supportive documentation, to get their birth certificate. Perhaps, their birth registration is years late; The PED will put a component in place that will assist those individual cases in getting the right information on procedure to achieve their goal, of getting a "BIRTH (REGISTRATION OR) CERTIFICATE", as part of PED's Social Services Program.;)

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
What you wish to facilitate then is the availability of everyone Dominican born to have a Dominican birth certificate. This is all well and good but rather then trying to reinvent the wheel and adding more “botellas” by the employment of more “worker bees” to an already corrupt system why not borrow an already established system?

As you live there in the US do you have any idea as to how an American gets a birth certificate? Do you know the process that is followed in every state when a child is born to insure they have a birth certificate? Please explain it to me so that I will know that you know what I’m talking about. Do you think that system would work here?

The enduring problem that would have to be overcome regardless of the system in place is that to differentiate between jus sanguinis and jus soli as only one of the two determines that a person is in fact a Dominican but regardless of that they both in fact do prove birth and as such should be reported and registered.

I also noticed that you failed to make any reference or comment concerning the education system here. As all problems faced by this society are intertwined by the ability to read and write the native language and as those abilities are a proven fact to be a deficient and as that deficient is intertwined with education then it only stands to reason that education should be of the utmost priority.

Therefore, having repeated a segment concerning education here and having added my thoughts concerning birth and its certification then I will post the statement so elegantly placed by Texas Bill;

“So, what are your solutions to alleviate the incipient problems so prevelent here without the nation desolving into anarchy with each citizen demanding his government support him and his posterity, in all things, from "birth to death".”

Rick

elchino

Jul 7, 2006
Is not subversion

:chinese: The Joy of changing democratically, is not subversion, is "Democracy at its best.

I'll work in the political arena of my country, for the betterment of my people, my mother country and for progress, thus finding joy in national change and growth.

It has been said that a person can never step into the same river twice, for the river is constantly moving and changing. Therefore Dominicans have to change and stop politics as usual, they need to stop selling their votes, and their conscious to the devil. There is a need to get rid off the traditional political parties and their politicians, which are buying votes to own the government and represent no one.

Without these changes, there can be no growth. Life stirs within the seed,
The shell cracks, and a flower, a blade of grass, or a tree grows. We
Rejoice when we see the robin break free of its shell, and then with
Time, it finds its balance and spreads its wings to fly. Nature
Teaches us much about finding joy in change, a change that will be generated by the people, the majority (La majoria) of the people within the Dominican Republic's "democracy" participants.

Life itself invites us to change and grow every day. This is how we
discover and use the power of our creator (Dios) within us so that we soar. May we always celebrate the joyous changes that take place every time we
Replace fear with faith, anger with peace, and sorrow with joy. As we
Change the way we think, our world changes with us. In another words positive change is possible right now but the people will have to support their own political organization, and not vote for one that ask them to sale them their vote, as they will have no right of representation and will be selling their soul to the devil and supporting "corruption.

"I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eye sees you."

If you are narrow minded and don?t want to see change happen, your are against growth and progress. Change is possible now, corruption and judicial impunity can be stopped, with a government by the people and for the people.:chinese:

Don Polo.

Brain Donor
May 9, 2006
Thing is dominicans are in the same situation Northern mexicans are today and were Cubans were in the 30's-40's.

They're too close to america to care about they're own country in the way most people do.

Let's be honest here,it's a small poor island nation not even 2 hours away from US soil.Most of the people can & will never really give a damn.

They worry more about "Su gente en Nueba Yol Y MIAMEE" then there own conditons over here.

At best you have people who want to change the country through obtaing power withing the political ranks.Once they get up there they realize how much of a mess the country is in and start stealing just like everyone else before them...

Our geographical location(in the middle of the old and new word) makes ours and practically every carribean nation like this..

:tired: