New Terrorist Situation - London

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
Im without tv at the moment (sky is broken!:( ) From what i can tell many flights bound for the US were delayed or cancelled yesterday and they have changed the rules on hand luggage.

nic

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This new rules about liquids will affect bringing back rum on your carry on I guess. I don't like the thought of putting it into checked baggage but for safety sake I guess we'll have to.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
This is so retarded. If the terrorist plot had called for blowing up the baggage compartment I suppose we would all be required to carry all liquids in our carry-ons.

Is it possible to just take a boat trip anymore? I hate flying anyway.

MaryS

Feb 13, 2003
All inernational flight are affected. No liquids of any kind in carry on. Toothpaste, lotions, hair care, cologne, water, all have to be in checked baggage. A more intensive shoe search is set to start tomorrow.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
This new rules about liquids will affect bringing back rum on your carry on I guess. I don't like the thought of putting it into checked baggage but for safety sake I guess we'll have to.

Not only liquids, but hardly anything is allowed as carry-on, only stuff like medicine, glasses, etc, and those in transparent bags. I think this is all temporary and only for flights to and from the UK, or at least I hope it's temporary :paranoid: .

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I'm screwed

When I travel to the DR, I travel light, that means "NO CHECKED LUGGAGE", I love the idea of flying thru the airport and out of the doors after landing. This means that since I don't have checked luggage, I would have to buy my deodarant, contact lens solution, Cologne, lotion, toothpaste and whatever else in the DR?? This is crazy, that means I have to check-in a small carry on bag with my "wet items" and wait along with the other chumps for my little bag to come around the conveyor belt.

Drugdog

Mar 28, 2003
AnnaC,

Bubble Wrap! Take a roll with us on every trip. That and some tape and we have brought back well over 100 bottles in total without any breaks. Knock on Wood!

Kevin

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
From what I can gather the plans were to target trans atlantic flights to the US. Flights from the UK to europe were also cancelled yesterday, 120 flights from Gatwick were cancelled today and people are being told only to fly if it was urgent. So far 24 people have been arrested but 5 others are being sought. It seems these measures are here to stay at least until tougher measures for hand luggage searches can be implemented. If people want to take baby formula on the plane an adult with them has to taste it infront of airport staff before it will be allowed on board.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
This is so retarded. If the terrorist plot had called for blowing up the baggage compartment I suppose we would all be required to carry all liquids in our carry-ons.

Is it possible to just take a boat trip anymore? I hate flying anyway.

The news is reporting, that the chemicals had to be mixed, and therefore had to be carried on.

milleniunthug

Jul 2, 2006
I'm traveling this Sunday, so now I'm ****ed, 'cause I refuse to check my bag, I'm doing carry-on I want to be out the airport the second I land, that means I'll have to buy tooth paste, deodorant over in DR, but where the freak can I buy solution for my contacts over in puerto plata?...anyone, anyone...thanks

Budson

Mar 10, 2004
Flew from SDQ to MIA to MCO to CLT today. Got tighter with each stop. The liquid ban was not in place when I took off this AM. No one is saying one way or another but this liquid ban appears as it will be temporary. That means a couple of day... or week... months?

I am just happy they foiled the plot and at least we can still bring carry-on on the plan. Not having toiletries is one thing. Having to check cameras, laptops, etc is something else.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
AnnaC,

Bubble Wrap! Take a roll with us on every trip. That and some tape and we have brought back well over 100 bottles in total without any breaks. Knock on Wood!

Kevin

I NEVER thought of bubble wrap!!!! very good idea..i just usualy roll my bottles of brugal in towels...but bubble wrap is brilliant.

well damn know...not only do i have to face a curfew in the DR...but if i travel there i can bring water and a spiked bottle of sprite!

they are saying that the explosives would be triggered by a cell phone...so why not just ban all cell phones!

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
I'm traveling this Sunday, so now I'm ****ed, 'cause I refuse to check my bag, I'm doing carry-on I want to be out the airport the second I land, that means I'll have to buy tooth paste, deodorant over in DR, but where the freak can I buy solution for my contacts over in puerto plata?...anyone, anyone...thanks

heh...i have NO sympathy..only cuz you will be POP next week! I am sure you can find contact solution.

right now they are only allowing wallets and passports....you might just want to check a bag and save yourself a headache. Look at the time you will waste stocking up while in pop. check your back and you will probably save time on both ends

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I think where this is heading is to a point where we all have to travel naked and shaved in individual see-through plexiglass cells with luggage coming in later on a seperate flight.

After all, only a terrorist would object to travelling naked and shaved.

G

gary short

I don't even want to get on a plane anymore because of all the BS. Does Amtrack go to southern Floida.........then I can hop onto a freighter to the DR.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Ya but you're bad.............Holy crap have you seen what people are going through at the airport..............hide your KY jrzyguy...........that brought up a horrible image.

Funny you talk about the airport. My friend is a supervisor for Continental in Tampa, and I talked to her today, and she told me.... I need a drink.;)

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
I live in Vancouver Canada. Whenever I fly out of YVR I'm amazed at how stupid the minimum wage earning, non english speaking baggage searcher/security personnel are. Is this our deterent against international terrorism??? I went through once and after my carry on was x-rayed it was determined that a small padlock in my pack actually looked like a knife..............meanwhile all these little hairy shifty eyed Pakistanis were boarding.

When I go to Brazil on a buddy pass....... that is the best security that I've ever seen, meaning Brazil. Four inspectors come on the plane, make you sit check ID, Visa, boarding pass, and then make you stand in the aisle as they break down every seat and overhead compartment, now this is after you've boarded and landed in S.P. en route to R.J. without leaving the plane. And this is a Third World country I'M talking about.I believe first world countries can do a better job..... if they pay. So the moral to the story is at least everyone is treated fair and no one slips through the cracks.

May 31, 2005
They do that same kind of checks in the airplanes in the united states but they do them at night when the airplane is being serviced.