Casa Marina Reef July 15-22,2006

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
FIrst let me say that I just wrote a trip report and I guess that I was timed out and lost it. So I am rewriting it.

We arrived at Casa Marina Reef on July 15th at around nine in the night. We were the only people checking in at the time, so that went very smooth. We rushed our luggage to the room, so we could go get something to eat. The buffet was almost ready to close, but one of favorite waiters happened to be working and he set a table up for us and we managed to get something to eat afterall. That is one of the reasons why I like it there, the people that we met on previous trips remember us and we will never forget them.

So we would start our day by going to the jacuzzi as soon as they were ready to roll. We would stay for an hour each morning. If you were there at that time , you would have seen us, we were always in the one that has the big rock attached. Also joined in some of the activities at the resort( I didn't win at putt-putt).

We walked about quite a bit, this time and became more familiar with the place. Now we know which streets to take to get to the center of town faster(it was great). We went to the Catholic Church for Mass on Sunday, it was easy to follow even though my Spanish is minimal, some of the mass was in English so that helped. We walked along the beach to get there, next time we will tak a cab.

We met a few people,Debby & Brian of Debby's Pantry, Barb (formerly of the Brittania Pub). We went to Rocky's, met Ted, but not Marco (maybe next time)

Finally found the Scotia Bank on Pedro Clisante, withdrew some money, was charged $5.00 per withdrawal, which I won't do again unless it is an emergency. Also happened to go to the joyeria down the street from the school. The prices were really good. Will definitely go back there.

We also went to Cabarate and were dropped off in front of guess what? Another Scotia Bank. We went to the liquadacion centre , prices were good, took some pictures of the beach and the town. When I get the pictures off of everyone elses computers, I will share. We really took some nice shots.

As I said CMR is always nice, but the one thing I noticed is that quite a few people that were there in November of 05 are not there any more and some people have reappeared. The shows were good, the entertainers really put a lot into what they do.

As I said we had a great time so much so we are going back in December(xmas present).

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Tarrantio,

Thank you for that report and am looking forward to seeing the pictures when you post them.

Rick

Last edited: