Should I move to Santo Domingo?

M

Mike

I have a job offered to me in Santo Domingo DR, I will be staying in a very nice hotel/resort while living there and making a descent amount of money, any suggestions? I would also like to meet some peopl on the net from there, Mike morris121@webtv.net

J

jim

Of course. Go for it, what a chance to live in a beautiful country with great people. Jim..

A

ana

Mike,

I would have to agree with Jim. The D.R. is not without its problems, but the pros exceed the cons. I would love to have the opportunity to live, work and make a "decent" amount of money in this beautiful island.

Good Luck.

Ana

H

HERB

Go for it because if I had the chance I would not hesitate. Good luck and enjoy the DR it is GREAT.... Oh by the way are you looking for an assistant

J

jerry

If you elect not to accept the job, contact me. I would welcome the opportunity.

S

someone

Any move takes a little more consideration. There are many people who have moved to the DR successfully, and there are some who have moved there and regretted it. The ones who have moved and live there happily did the necessary preparations, and the ones who regretted it moved there without understanding the culture and how they would fit in it, and missed their families back home. I would spend some time there first...go see where you would be working and who you would be working with. The people who adjust best are people who understand and respect differences and adjust easily to new people and new foods and climates. It is kind of like a marriage...you have to love the other person warts and all, and make a commitment. It is a country with an interesting history and a potentially great future.

V

VETO

GO, GO NOW, DON'T LOOK BACK. I WOULD MOVE THERE IN A HEART BEAT. ESPECIALLY SANTO DOMINGO, IT'S A GREAT PARTY TOWN, ALL THE WOMEN ARE GOOD LOOKING AND EVERYONE IS FRIENDLY.