Cedula expiry date for 2005 cedulas

fernandodiaz

Mar 27, 2005
Hi,
My cedula expired in 2005 and I heard that the 2005 expiry cedulas are valid til 2008. I need to renew my passport in London now(5 hours from home!) and a cedula is one of the requirements. Are all cedulas that expired in 2005 definitely valid until 2008? I don't want to get there and find that they won't accept my cedula.
Hope someone knows the answer!
Thanks
Fernando

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Hi,
My cedula expired in 2005 and I heard that the 2005 expiry cedulas are valid til 2008. I need to renew my passport in London now(5 hours from home!) and a cedula is one of the requirements. Are all cedulas that expired in 2005 definitely valid until 2008? I don't want to get there and find that they won't accept my cedula.
Hope someone knows the answer!
Thanks
Fernando
Are you talking about a Dominican passport? If so, why don't you wait untill you get back to the DR. I don't think you need a valid passport to travel to the DR if you're Dominican.

fernandodiaz

Mar 27, 2005
Yes, I am talking about renewing a Dominican passport but I live in the UK now and am not planning to return to Dom Rep in the immediate future. I need th epassport for a trip to Cyprus in October.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Yes, I am talking about renewing a Dominican passport but I live in the UK now and am not planning to return to Dom Rep in the immediate future. I need th epassport for a trip to Cyprus in October.
The only thing I can suggest is that you contact the DR embassy and ask them. Good Luck and have a nice trip.

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
I could be wrong but

I read at Listin Diario that Leonel emited a decree (emitió un decreto?) where all cédulas would be valid for 10 years, therefore your cédula should be valid till 2010.

I was in DR March 2006 and I had no probs with my cédula, which also expired in 2005. I got the new passport and nobody said a peep about it.

I'll try and see if I can find a link that support this.

Edit to add: I'll contact the Dominican embassy in Sweden and ask.

fernandodiaz

Mar 27, 2005
I read at Listin Diario that Leonel emited a decree (emiti? un decreto?) where all c?dulas would be valid for 10 years, therefore your c?dula should be valid till 2010.

I was in DR March 2006 and I had no probs with my c?dula, which also expired in 2005. I got the new passport and nobody said a peep about it.

I'll try and see if I can find a link that support this.

Edit to add: I'll contact the Dominican embassy in Sweden and ask.

thanks - I'll try the embassy too.

fernandodiaz

Mar 27, 2005
Just for the record, rang the embassy today and it is correct that cedulas thqt were due to expire in 2005 are now valid until 2008.Thanks to everyone that posted

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
According to the DR embassy here the c?dulas are valid for 10 years. Oh well, the good thing is that they're still valid haha.