Golf courses and ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will_blueprint

Oct 5, 2005
I have become kinda addicteded to golfing recently. So I am brining my clubs with me on next trip. I know about the course and range in Paya Dorado, but can anyone else recommend anywhere on the north coast to check out.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Òh Geez, Louise!! :D:D:D:D

There is Playa Grande, one of the best in the world.
Playa Dorada is much much improved since it was last looked at by good golfers.

Santiago is a Pete Dye gem....short, challenging and fun to play. Cheap as all get out.

Let us know when you are coming....ain't no fun to play alone...

HB :D:D:D (G O L F = the last good four letter word left!!)

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
A couple of us go down to Santiago (from Puerto Plata) nearly every weekend so give us details of when you are coming in & we can arrange to take you down. We might even be tempted to take you down to Playa Grande as well - that is more expensive (US 110 approx + caddy tip).

You need lots of balls for Santigo (the small white ones to play with as well) whereas you need a good camera for Playa Grande - views over the sea are something else!! ~ Grahame.

Will_blueprint

Oct 5, 2005
I will be there Aug 24-29th. I will be at one of the driving ranges almost everymorning. I am not renting a vehicle this time so I will depending on my friends schedule, so I don't know anything concrete as of yet. I will post a message as soon as I do. Thanks for all the information.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
At Playa Dorada practice range:
25 balls cost RD $100.
50 balls cost RD $160
125 balls cost RD $307

Do yourself a deal & buy 125 balls & have them store (for nexr visit) what you dont use at any session!! It might not work but at least you can give it a try!!! Good luck ~ Grahame.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
I have become kinda addicteded to golfing recently. So I am brining my clubs with me on next trip. I know about the course and range in Paya Dorado, but can anyone else recommend anywhere on the north coast to check out.

I think you will enjoy your golf at Playa Dorada. Course has really improved. You will also want to make a trip to Playa Grande - was there Wednesday and must say the new owner have definately improved the conditions on this course from my last visit. Playa Grande will give you some incredible scenery and some tricky golf.
Depending on how much you are planning on golfing and whether you will be back in DR later this year - you may want to get a FEDOGOLF card to save some money on green fees. It works out to be a real great deal even if you only visit the country a few times a year...Enjoy your golf...Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.