Garment Manufacturing

moveta@adelphia.net

Aug 15, 2006
We operate a small retail store and are interested in having some mens shirts and pants, and made. We will supply the fabric and will infact come to Santo Domingo to meet with you.

Please advise.

thanks

Moveta

GOLFGUY

Oct 25, 2004
Garment Manufacturing in D.R.

I am a clothing manufacturer in Santiago and may be able to help. First question: quantities to manufacture. Dominican clothing manufacturing is primarily done in the numerous Industrial Free Trade Zones around the country, the largest being in Santo Domingo, San Pedro and Santiago. There are also many other Free Zones, like La Vega, Moca, San Francisco, Puerto Plata, et cet. I have worked in Santiago, La Vega and San Francisco, and have found Santiago to be the best for my needs (many reasons; good workers, good factories, great city). If you have signifigant quantities to manufacture, then a Free Zone factory may be what you need. My experience in manufacturing outside the Free Zone has never had good results. The main problem: getting your merchandise in and out of the factory. In a Free Zone factory I can get my work in the factory next day (by air) or 4 days via ocean (x-Miami), at freight costs less than U.S. The next question is finding the right factory for your needs. There are many excellent factories, and many so-so factories. Knowing the difference will be the factor that determines if you make (or lose) money. If you need further information, I will respond to your post.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I saw this post whenyou put it up. The onlyreason I did not follow up is that you said you are "a small retail store" and that is not going to be very attractive for most of the factories here that do clothing. They might be desperate for work, but they do have to work with numbers, large numbers.

I think that you might find what you want in either La Romana or Santiago, where people with industrial experience have set up shops outside the free zones (slightly more expensive) but they can work with smaller volumes...

Anyway, it might well be worth taking up GOLFGUY's offer, and see whether your order could be done inthe free zones. Forget Santo Domingo...

HB

gina

Mar 13, 2004
Looking for manufacturers of caps and hats. Planning to purchase a large amount and ship it to Sweden.

Any suggestions where to get the contacts?

Also interested in horse saddles and pet equipment

Gina

newyorkcityboy

Feb 2, 2007
gina you can email me at fuegotextil@verizon.net.do i am a textile importer i sell fabric wholesale to all mfgs in the dom. rep i have a few sources for you. that mfg caps and hats but only in large amounts such as at least 2,000 units.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Koreans in Moca Free Zone do caps...

Let me know if you need more info..

HB

jlb

Feb 10, 2007
We are looking at opening a screen printing shop in the states, i know DR makes alot of clothing so does anyone know if we can buy direct from DR and if so can we please get contact info?
Thanks
James

kram99

Mar 3, 2007
I'm looking for some one preferably in the Zona Franca in Puerta Plata, to produce screen printed t-shirts. Initially I need a small sample quanity of approximately 50 shirts with 10 different designs. Any info would be helpful

gina

Mar 13, 2004
caps

Koreans in Moca Free Zone do caps...

Let me know if you need more info..

HB

I do need more information. How do I get in contact with the koreans? Is it possible to see what kind of caps they have?

Thanks

Gina

livior

Mar 23, 2007
I need to buy $2-3 thousand worth of women urban/young wear (tropical). In my next trip to DR. Any pointers anyone? I have limited time so, some help would be great..

Thanks.