Dominican Salon in Nashville, TN

Titanfan

Aug 16, 2006
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for a Dominican salon in the Nashville area. If you know of a good dominican stylist in Nashville, please let me know. I need to find one ASAP.

Ankhesenamen

Jan 5, 2005
I am a lurker, but here goes:

Belkis Guzman
3156 Towne Village Rd.
Antioch, TN 37013
(615) 361-0601

Belkis is from NY or NJ. Although I have no idea if she is Dominican or not-- she is hispanic and many of her clients are Dominican. Her english isn't perfect but it's enough for me to understand her in both spanish and english. She uses Dominican Products (Salerm, Capilo, Henna Queen, etc.), and does the dominican technique of rolling the hair, drying it, then blow drying the roots or the length of hair. I think she waxes the face too.

I got there at 12:00pm. Belkis turned her laundry room into her salon. Her two kids were polite and sweet as they drove their kiddie bikes across the room. There was no wait. She immediately started on my hair, washing it with Matrix shampoo. I brought my own Silicon Mix and Lacio Lacio. She was very familiar of the brands that I've sold.

She rolled my hair, put a residilla (hair net) over my head and put me under a Gold n Hot dryer. She has a very gentle touch and did not cause me any pain at all when she was blow drying or combing my hair.

She asked me if I could get her some relaxers from the Dominican Republic because she said that relaxers in the US aren't strong enough and do not get the hair straight. For this reason, I don't think she does relaxer applications. (Don't worry, I'll give her some strong DR alisados soon).

She was finished before 2:15pm. Yes, she is fast! I was very pleased with the silky results of my hair (Salerm Vital Drops helped). She charged $20 for a wash, set, and blowdry. I recommend her to anyone that is in TN.

Pros: Works fast; knows about hair care and health; uses good quality products from DR; very gentle touch.

Cons: Two little mamis [her kids] are running around (Which I had no problem with but some people don't like kids); she does not have a professional hooded dryer, which means you may have to stay under it longer than usual if you have long hair.

Let her know who sent you! I also sell Dominican Hair products.