Special Thanks to DR1 member

What better way to say thanks to trina, one of our DR1 members for her donation to Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation. Trina we really appreciate your support and hopefully other DR1 members will come through based on your incentive. It is the kids of the DR that are the future.

"Our mission is clear: We encourage travelers to make their journeys more
than just vacations; to reach beyond the beach and assist us in equipping
the children of the Dominican Republic with the tools necessary for learning
and living, dreaming and achieving; to empower the children to free
themselves from the restraints of poverty & lack of opportunity, and decide
their own futures."

"Our vision is simple: By the actions taken to reach beyond the beach, we
strive to make our efforts redundant and totally unnecessary at some
glorious future date. The happiest day of this foundation's life would be
the one when our efforts are not needed in any way to assist the children of
the Dominican Republic. Our own planned obsolescence is our ultimate
vision."

Other members can check out our website at http://www.beyondthebeach.ca/

Every little bit helps.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
You're sweet, Wud! I challenge all other DR1 members to meet or beat $50 donation. If you can't do so, please forward website info to anyone in your contacts list, especially those with a DR connection for this very worthwhile cause.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Siiiiiiiii!

You're sweet, Wud! I challenge all other DR1 members to meet or beat $50 donation. If you can't do so, please forward website info to anyone in your contacts list, especially those with a DR connection for this very worthwhile cause.
I have 3 things to say/ask:

1- The last time I challenged members to donate for a charity, I was called a "blow" something by dawnwil, lol..

2- How come I did not know about this charity. What, all of a sudden I found my life and not saw it?.

3- Can I send items to be auctioned?. If yes, would someone send me a PM with the address were to send them.

Please send it to me as soon as possible since I am going to the post office tomorrow to send carina some items to be auctioned for another charity.

Muchas gracias damas y caballeros, lol.

Come on guys, let's take carina's challenge. Since we are always saying that there should be some sort of help for the DR, this is your chance to help SOME needy kids.

Time to put-up.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I have 3 things to say/ask:

Come on guys, let's take carina's challenge. Since we are always saying that there should be some sort of help for the DR, this is your chance to help SOME needy kids.

Time to put-up.

whoaaa...watch it...I'm Trina, not Carina

I'll forgive you this time, Manuel. :cheeky:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
You're cute, Victor, but you're giving away our deepest darkest secrets! :cool:

Shad, I guess the most appropriate thing to say would be:
Thank you.

And then hit submit fast.
;) :D

Last edited:
Miguel

I beleive that Fireguy has pm'd you the details. We have been around for a couple of years, first as Debbie's Dominican Childrens Foundation but due to some unforeseen circumstances we have taken a new name and reorganized.

Here is a picture of a small portion of our donations to the Dream Project a year ago.

211wdpv.jpg

You and any other DR1 member or even non members can help in many ways, monetary and auction item donations either is appreciated.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Indeed!

I beleive that Fireguy has pm'd you the details. We have been around for a couple of years, first as Debbie's Dominican Childrens Foundation but due to some unforeseen circumstances we have taken a new name and reorganized.

Here is a picture of a small portion of our donations to the Dream Project a year ago.

211wdpv.jpg

You and any other DR1 member or even non members can help in many ways, monetary and auction item donations either is appreciated.
Yes I did and I responded.

I have all the info needed and today, on my way to work, I will send you guys 3 Ipod Voice Recorders. They sell for 30 dollars apiece and I hope you can seel it for much more. Btw, they are brand new, still in their plastic, never opened and THEY WORK GREAT (I kept 2).

I will post here, tonight, all details after I send it.

Thanks.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
The Eagle started flying!.

211wdpv.jpg

Guys, I sent you 3 Ipod's Voice Recorders a few minutes ago.

The Customs Form # is: LC835412905US.

They DO NOT work on the IpodMini or IpodNano. Other than those, they work in just about all other Ipods.

Have fun and lets the biddings begin!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
My pleasure!.

Many thanks Miguel, we will take appropriate action when Fireguy receives them.

Your support really is appreciated.
Now that I have Gregg's address, I will be sending you guys a thing or two every now and then.

Keep up the good work.

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
anything else

I was wondering if there are any places to donate slightly used childrens clothes, toys, etc. I have 5 grandchildren and they have so much that some of it goes unused, and after they outgrow it, etc my children often either just toss it aside, or give it to a charity here. well to be honest, the charities here receive so much that they often have stockpiles of items that just sit in warehouses until they run out of room and then they too just throw them away. So I would love to send these things, I have boxes sitting in my basement since my 1st trip to the DR back in Feb. this year. I saw so much poverty I just couldnt throw these things away. Anyone have a place or need for this sort of thing.....I just cant imagine that there isnt someone in need. even if a memeber of this sight knows some families, etc, I would gladly send it your way. Thanks, Danceaway

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Beyond The Beach has drop off locations in Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete for anyone bringing clean gently used clothing or school supplies as well as connections in Punta Cana which will ensure that these goods are put to good use.

Just contact us.

Gregg
www.beyondthebeach.ca

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I was wondering if there are any places to donate slightly used childrens clothes, toys, etc. I have 5 grandchildren and they have so much that some of it goes unused, and after they outgrow it, etc my children often either just toss it aside, or give it to a charity here. well to be honest, the charities here receive so much that they often have stockpiles of items that just sit in warehouses until they run out of room and then they too just throw them away. So I would love to send these things, I have boxes sitting in my basement since my 1st trip to the DR back in Feb. this year. I saw so much poverty I just couldnt throw these things away. Anyone have a place or need for this sort of thing.....I just cant imagine that there isnt someone in need. even if a memeber of this sight knows some families, etc, I would gladly send it your way. Thanks, Danceaway

What a good person you are. I am always so happy there are so many people who realize and appreciate what they have in their home country after visiting the DR and want to make a difference in the lives of the Dominican people. There are many organizations that help countries who are far poorer than the DR, such as many countries in Africa, but you don't hear of many organizations and charities focused on the DR. That is why we, with the DR connection we have, are well-served to help organizations like beyondthebeach. Tell your friends. How many Canadians visit the DR every year? So many fall in love with the people, and I am sure there are many that would like to give back to the country that gave them so much in the short time they visited.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I Am Annoyed!

What a good person you are. I am always so happy there are so many people who realize and appreciate what they have in their home country after visiting the DR and want to make a difference in the lives of the Dominican people. There are many organizations that help countries who are far poorer than the DR, such as many countries in Africa, but you don't hear of many organizations and charities focused on the DR. That is why we, with the DR connection we have, are well-served to help organizations like beyondthebeach. Tell your friends. How many Canadians visit the DR every year? So many fall in love with the people, and I am sure there are many that would like to give back to the country that gave them so much in the short time they visited.
I know my comment down below is going to bring out the "jabbers" but I really don't give a shyt.

JUST keep in mind that it's only intended for SOME members:

ONE of the things I DISLIKE about SOME DR1 members is that they talk a whole bunch of bullshyt about the country being poor and being "this and that" but when it's time to make a little difference, they turn a blind eye. All they do is complain and complain but are never willing to help out a little. I am more than sure that if this thread was about a Dominican who robbed someone, the posts and views would be too darn many/much to count. But since this is about helping, they rather stay quiet.

I know MANY will say "well, I help but I do it without anybody knowing it because I don't want to get publicity", bullcrap, we are not talking about thousands of dollars here, we are talking about a few miserable dollars.

SOME of you say that "I love the DR and it's people" but when it comes down to it, you DO NOT love the DR and it's people, you love what the DR offers to you. Do you know that NOT drinking ONE Presidente while in the DR can buy breakfast, lunch and dinner for a kid?. Well, now you know!.

There a little church I help in Villa Duarte that once I told the Father that I was sorry I could not help with more and what he said to me touched me still to this day. He said: "si tu solo tienes una media para donar, Dios te amara igual que si dieras 100 dolares, El ve el deseo no la cantidad" (Even if you can only donate a sock, God will love you the same as if you donated 100 dollars, He sees the desire, not the quantity). That was over 20 years ago and I still help that church. I do not donate as much as I would like to but enough to make a little difference, whether it's a lot or not.

I am not saying that I am a fricking Saint. Far from it. Just don not think that all MIguel is about is cursing people out, being nasty to some people and being a butthole.

I know that there are MANY DR1 members who really love the DR and help every chance they get.

Now, if you are one those always complaining about the poverty in the DR, unless you are going to make a difference, SHUT THE HELL UP because we do not want to hear from you. Who cares if while you were eating you saw a poor kid and instead of helping him, ignored him and them came to this site to complain about seeing a poor kid while you were eating. Give me a fricking break!.

You love the DR and it's people, PROVE IT with actions and not only with words. Words means crap!.

Fireguy and Hlywud: I will make you this promise, the same a made the church's father over 20 years ago:

I DO NOT have much but I will make it a point to send you a few donations every now and then. They will not be much but enough to at least make a little difference. Even if it's 1 dollar (just making a point) or a walkman to be auctioned, you will get something for me!.

I am sorry that I got annoyed but I have been trying to take this off my chest for a few months now. When I tried doing the same on another charity thread, "jabs" were thrown my way but just like the last time, I don't give a crap who starts "jabbing".

Man, and I said yesterday that I was happy since I was going to spend the weekend with my buddies in Jersey. OK, I will calm down before I leave in a few hours, lol.

Lets the "jabs" begin.....

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com

OK Miguel and Trina, you've got me going now. Trina, I'll meet you ;)

Now I just have to figure out where and how to make a donation. Gregg and Hlywud, I know you've explained this before, but I don't know how. Easiest for me would be a credit card or paypal payment if possible.

The challenge continues ... Miguel says it it many words and I'll say it in few words!

Let's support this worthwhile effort and give a child an opportunity in life!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
OK Miguel and Trina, you've got me going now. Trina, I'll meet you ;)

Now I just have to figure out where and how to make a donation. Gregg and Hlywud, I know you've explained this before, but I don't know how. Easiest for me would be a credit card or paypal payment if possible.

The challenge continues ... Miguel says it it many words and I'll say it in few words!

Let's support this worthwhile effort and give a child an opportunity in life!

Good job, lady!