Sponsorship Applications

S

Sass_50

Okay, enough is enough!

I was curious to know if there are other poor souls out there like myself that are currently in the throws of sponsoring someone from the DR. If so, can you tell me what your timeline has been and what has happened?

Also, if anyone who has gone through the process in the last year could post their experience, that would be great.

Thanks for your assistance.

S

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I have a question for you. Did your husband make it to Canada? You were looking for a route for him so if you have recently been through the process maybe you could start it off and tell us your experience with immigration.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
Okay, enough is enough!

I was curious to know if there are other poor souls out there like myself that are currently in the throws of sponsoring someone from the DR.
S

why do you consider yourself a poor soul? do you regret sponsoring him already? did you catch him with someone else? did he get his visa and leave you for the wife he left behind in DR?

sorry for the sarcasm, but don't understand your post. thanks

S

Sass_50

You know what? You people are pathetic. You spend all of your time looking at these posts trying to tear people down. Just to clarify:

If you're IN LOVE with someone and you have to be apart for a ridiculous amount of time, I consider myself a POOR SOUL.

It's too bad that this forum is so full of individuals like yourself because I've met a few really great people through it. But I'm done. Have a good time continuing in your sad little ways.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow all I asked was if your husband made it to Canada so you could help others with your process experience :tired:

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
You know what? You people are pathetic. You spend all of your time looking at these posts trying to tear people down. Just to clarify:

If you're IN LOVE with someone and you have to be apart for a ridiculous amount of time, I consider myself a POOR SOUL.

It's too bad that this forum is so full of individuals like yourself because I've met a few really great people through it. But I'm done. Have a good time continuing in your sad little ways.

Perhaps you should ask your question on a board where the people arn't so "pathetic."

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006

sass, no need to get all sassy. you have to understand that this is public forum and your info is public. i didn't mean to rattle your cage, i just felt your tone was that of a person that was not happy. sponsering someone is a serious thing and much thought goes into it, love is included there too. reading this forum opens the eyes to the truth about many dominican men (and women) that marry canadians/americans for a visa which makes the process for the REAL relationship even harder. the sentiment is a bit negative b/c most people are tired of reading about the same song and dance when in the end it all ends the same. i'm not lecturing you just speaking my mind. as for you being a poor soul - why? if your husband is with you and your wait is over or will be over soon, what is the problem. i've read about people who have to wait over 19 months to be together. don't be so sensitive and roll with the punches. ;)

cbello

Nov 19, 2004

Sass,

I totally understand where you are coming from, please PM me and I will be more then happy to help you out. :glasses:

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
The fact of being in love and deciding to marry a person should require taking time to get to know each other. Sure there are cases of people falling in love and living happily together for the rest of their lives in 1 or 2 days but this is not a normal case. Anyone in their right frame of mind would at least admit to that. It is quite common however for tourists to be taken advantage of by others to obtain a visa. Being this is a normal occurrance certain safeguards should be in place to "try" and protect the majority from making such a mistake. This is a good reason to require a visa to take a while to get. It gives both parties a longer chance to get to know each other. I understand the love of your life being 1000's of miles away and you can only see them a few times a year but it will in fact force both parties to spend more time getting to know each other before possibly making a mistake. If you are truly meant to be together you will both come up with the means to spend as much time together as possible getting to know each other before the visa is approved. During this time you know it will be difficult to prove you both belong together and at least some tests from both ends can help prove if this relationship will last. You may be in emotional pain now but just suck it up and enjoy the time you have together and learn as much as you can about this other person before jumping into something serious.

You know what they say "Love is blind". Listen to your friends and keep your eyes open at all times.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I think people need to look what forum they are in before posting a reply.

This is the legal/visa forum, no love advice was asked for. If you have a need to give love advice please go do that in Mars/venus.;)