Hippo tried to kill balaguer???

Fuel

Jun 29, 2006
Balaguer no saint

As much as i dislike Hippo, Balaguer's treachery goes back further and with greater amounts of atrocities...

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
The article does not accuse Hipolito Mejia directly. It basically says that the people who conspired against Balaguer (drug him) did this to help Hipolito's candidacy. If there is some evidence that comes out it should get interesting. That said I think Hipolito was a terrible president.:hurt:

Last edited:

elchino

Jul 7, 2006
Balaguer= A Mass Murderer

wow, is this ever interesting...! maybe they can put the fat man away where he belongs.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/app/article.aspx?id=16489

First of all, I apologize to those individuals who may disagree with me::

Balaguer was a person, especially a political leader, who is responsible for the deaths of many individuals, Balaguer killed more Dominicans than Trujillo did in Thirty years, Balaguer should be burning in hell.:

A person who order to kill several or numerous victims in a single incident should be burning in hell -
A serial killer::

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 20, 2003
why?

: First of all, I apologize to those individuals who may disagree with me::

Balaguer was a person, especially a political leader, who is responsible for the deaths of many individuals, Balaguer killed more Dominicans than Trujillo did in Thirty years, Balaguer should be burning in hell.:

A person who order to kill several or numerous victims in a single incident should be burning in hell -
A serial killer::

Why must you constantly place chinese smilies all over your posts?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
because he is........................elchino!!!!!:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Elchino,

I too have taken up paying attention to Dominican politics and intrigue much in the same way bored housewives take up soap operas.

Now I look at you and how riled up you get over something so pointless and I wonder if I should turn back now before I get to where you are...

Jan 5, 2006
These allegations seem far-fetched, but they can not be discounted. Even when he wasn't in power, Balaguer was considered the most influential person in Dominican politics, and given that he had previously favored the PLD, it is possible that there can be some truth to these allegations.

You have to take into account, that prior to that election, every major candidate, including Hipo, went to visit Balaguer to supposedly ask for his guidance and support. However, the PRD had to be leery of the fact that LF's first term as president came as a direct result of backroom deals brokered by Balaguer, and they probably saw him doing the same for Danilo Medina (PLD's presidential candidate against Hipo).

Jan 5, 2006
Sadly, El Chino is correct in his comments about the number of deaths attributed to Balaguer and his regime. It has been well documented that during his tenure as president, there were 1000s of deaths, ranging from political activists, journalists, military/police officers, and common citizens who were perceived as a threat to his government. Someone else always took the fault though, and none of the deaths has ever been directly pinned on Balaguer.