want to buy a motor boat somewhere up north

Status
Not open for further replies.

portofboston

Aug 10, 2006
can anyone tell the best options for marinas on the north-northwest coast where i might buy a small motor/fishing boat?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
can anyone tell the best options for marinas on the north-northwest coast where i might buy a small motor/fishing boat?
I don't think there is anyplace.
Send me a PM or an email and I'll try to put you in touch with a friend who has several boats for his dive shop.
He may be able to answer your questions.

G

gary short

This info is a year old but here goes. Those fiberglass pangas that are 25 to 30' that are used for everything and plane right now while driven with small outboards to haul ass speeds were manufactured near Sosua.....ask anyone that owns one around that area and you'll get the info you need.....assuming that's what you're after..

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I see the beginning of a horror story. If it's too small you won't be able to use it much on the north coast. If it's bigger, twin engine etc. you will need someone to live on it or have it stolen or both. Think well. I had a 22' and couldn't go very far in the rough seas. A friend had a 37' and had to hire a watchman who lived on it.

G

gary short

I see the beginning of a horror story. If it's too small you won't be able to use it much on the north coast. If it's bigger, twin engine etc. you will need someone to live on it or have it stolen or both. Think well. I had a 22' and couldn't go very far in the rough seas. A friend had a 37' and had to hire a watchman who lived on it.

Good point......buy a condo and charter when you get the urge to blow large coin.........

signed.......dumbass previous boats owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.