How Does a Dominican Get a Visa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

incredible

Jul 9, 2006
Guys,

I have a dominican friend that wants to visit Czech Republic, The Phillipines and Thailand but there are no consulates from what I understand in the Dr.

What steps must he take in getting a Visa to these countries?

All info appreciated!

Thanks,

Incredible

mariel

Dominisueca
Apr 7, 2004
czech republic has a consulate in avenida bolivar in santo domingo

Honorary Consulate of the Czech Republic in DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Ave. Bol?var No. 830, La Esperilla, Santo Domingo

tel: 001809/6856900, 2215602
fax: 001809/2215607
e-mail: santodomingo@honorary.mzv.cz

Head of the Mission: Jos? Ram?n Brea GONZ?LES

Time Shift: -5 hrs during winter time
-6 hrs during summer time
Office Hours:: Monday - Friday: 08.00 - 12.00, 14.00 - 17.00

http://www.mzv.cz/wwwo/mzv/default.asp?id=22060&ido=7904&idj=2&amb=1

danceaway

Jun 22, 2006
what steps to take ?

I have a friend in the DR who wants to come to the US for a visit and has asked me to help get him a visa. From everything I have read I could be in for a very long difficult struggle just to get him here for a short visit. I understand that I also have to set up a bank account there, in the DR, just to guarantee his return. This seems like "rent a DR friend" from the goverment. what is this all about ? no wonder there are so many illegals in the States. Who can afford to set up all that is necessary just to get someone to visit you. How Lucky I am that I can go just about anywhere, when ever I want without having to potentially sacrifice everything I have. I dont even know how to go about this process, as I have looked at many sights on the web, and they are all very confussing, and some evn give conflicting information. If I actually decide to do this I want to make sure that I do it the right way the first time out as to now run into so many roadblocks and obsticules. Can anyone guide me, help me, or point me to a legitimate sight. Please, I am lost, and without speaking Spanish, I do not want to get the run around or be lied to or tricked into anything. thanks so much, any information would be appreciated. Danceaway

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
danceaway,

If he needs help to get a visa and anticipates he cannot get one on his own merits...

the chances of this ever happening without substantive changes to his personal situation are virtually zero.

While I "never say never" your involvement will not likely matter much and may raise unrealistic expectation for your friend.

Sorry.

Gregg

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Steps to Heaven

I have a friend in the DR who wants to come to the US for a visit and has asked me to help get him a visa.

What has he/she done so far in order to get the visa?
Does the person have a passport?
The US embassy will provide all the necessary information what steps need to be taken.
You can then help to follow those steps.
Chances to get a visitor's visa are said to be slim.

But wait, why should a sock puppet... never mind.

m'frog

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Your friend can go to the Philippines without a Visa, but for the other two countries a Visa is required.

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
danceaway

I have a friend in the DR who wants to come to the US for a visit and has asked me to help get him a visa.

I just went throigh this, unsucessefully. What your fried will need:
a passport
a car in his name
200k in the bank
a business he owns
shows an income from business
a house or any real property
a propelling reason to return to the DR

joe

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
if hes got a business and property worth 200K even thats a mighty good reason to return to the DR.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Task assignment for mission

a passport - danceaway to provide cash
a car in his name - danceaway to provide cash
200k in the bank - danceaway to provide cash
a business he owns - danceaway to provide cash
shows an income from business - danceaway to provide cash
a house or any real property - danceaway to provide cash
a propelling reason to return to the DR - to clean up :)

joe
Since your friend doesn't quailfy, you will no doubt have to provide all the aforementioned .... :rolleyes:

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
a passport
a car in his name
200k in the bank
a business he owns
shows an income from business
a house or any real property
a propelling reason to return to the DR

joe
I didn't imagine it was this difficult.

I thought Hillbilly's "Golden Rule" requiring a potentially datable Dominican to have a visa was ridiculous but now it seems ludicrous.

These criteria would automatically eliminate a huge portion of the population from any possible consideration of being worthy.
Their looks would probably eliminate a huge portion of the few who do qualify.

I would think there are plenty of successful relationships with Dominicans who did not meet this silly "Golden Rule".

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Actually, you are right, and I know a few of them.

However, the savoir faire needed to even apply for a visa is a good sifter.

Look, the huge majority of these friends are hookers, sankies, or leeches looking for the golden ring. That is a fact.

When I wrote those "Rules" I was looking for common denominators that would tend to sift out a lot of the potential danger for a real relationship based on equality of the personages involved.

If you have a bank account, that speaks a lot to your vision of the future.
If you can write a check or handle a credit card, that, too, speaks a lot for a person.
If you meet with a person that is illiterate in his/her's own language, due to upbringing or lack of education, what kind of mind will you be talking to a few years down the line when the heat has diminished a bit? Therefore, a condition ("rule") that requires an educational level equal or superior to you own.

I have a dear friend in Santo Domingo that has a girlfriend that lives and "works" in the Canary islands, in the "hotel business"....from her looks she was striking in a barrio sort of way. But as soon as she opened her mouth, in Spanish, I knew she was a hooker on vacation....it was obvious to a native speaker.

Regarding a visa, that rule is probably the most flexible, since, believe it or not, there ARE Dominicans that qualify but have never really wanted to travel. Serious relationships can make visas happen. Again, it is a screening that eliminates most of the riff-raft....

HB, hardly an expert but a close observer of things...

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
I always wanted to hear your take on these rules......because I never really had the pleasure to see where they come from. The real question is how do you actually begin a date with these questions........How muh do you make? How much cash is available in your bank acct? ect ect I can agree with the level of education or at least the initial comitment to continue a eduction. There should be a certain level of conversation in a love affair. Now, from having common interest and chemistry and great conversation to can you travel and do we have the same investment plan is completely different.
Let me know you take.

sunshine

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
I always wanted to hear your take on these rules......because I never really had the pleasure to see where they come from. The real question is how do you actually begin a date with these questions........How muh do you make? How much cash is available in your bank acct? ect ect I can agree with the level of education or at least the initial comitment to continue a eduction. There should be a certain level of conversation in a love affair. Now, from having common interest and chemistry and great conversation to can you travel and do we have the same investment plan is completely different.
Let me know you take.

sunshine

i think you know from the moment you meet someone in DR if they meet Hillbilly's requirements and the answer is no. not the men and definately not the women. you know if they have a job in dr they are not making big bucks. having 200k in the bank is only for dominican corrupt politians and lottery winners, there are very few rich. and the ones that are rich don't waste their time looking for foreigners to date or marry (it's frowned upon and embarassing to have a foreign g/f)which is why foreign men have to settle for the rif raft.

i think every foreigner that dates a domincan man/woman goes into it knowing that it is going to be financialy one sided and that no one will meet the criteria of those rules.

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Hey Skyblue........It might be true from your point of view. I don't consider myself a foreigner. I'm dominican and actually I grew up there. Meeting a european or an american in DR is cool......never knew it was frown upon. :surprised But to each experience there is a fresh point of view.

sunshine

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
No, it's not like that: Fill out this form and we can date... No, not like that.

Like if you have say, five hundred in your bank, the DR person should have 500 pesos...Like if you have a savings account (401k or whatever) the DR person should have the similar thing that exists here.

Of course if you are in the physical relationship part, you already know what that person is and does....no two ways about it!

One of the reasons most of the folks on this board recommend going very slowly is that it is easy to fall into the "family" trap. "Oh they took me to their hearts right away. I was treated so fine at their poor little abode." Yeah, I'd treat you nice, too, if I knew you were going to take me to New York or Toronto..(well, maybe not Toronto:p)...

Most people here know I married a nice girl from Mao. I met her at her 16th birthday party, just after she had returned from the States. Now the key issue is why were my friends and I invited to that party? Because we were nice young men, fairly well thought of in that time at that time. We socialized with the town's Rotary members, the doctors, some of the farmers, a lot of the good hard working townspeople. We spoke Spanish fairly well...

Did this girl meet my rules? Yes, except for the education part and we agreed on her getting that. She became the first female electro-mechanical engineer in Latin America! She's way smarter than I am....

So, enjoy the holiday, have your fun, but never, ever think you have found the partner of your dreams.....it just doesn't happen that way in real life....

HB

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
Hey Skyblue........It might be true from your point of view. I don't consider myself a foreigner. I'm dominican and actually I grew up there. Meeting a european or an american in DR is cool......never knew it was frown upon. :surprised But to each experience there is a fresh point of view.

sunshine

my intention wasn't to offend anyone. in dr, when a man is dating a "gringa/gringo" or european everyone around them sees them as a meal ticket, and the people around them (behind their backs ofcourse) make fun of them and gossip about the amount of money they get every month, ect. in the area where i live and spend most of my time in DR, people comment all the freaken time when they see pale white gringas/gringos with the dominicans and make fun of the them all the time. they talk about the clothes they buy them and how they fell for the trick about the brother being arrested or the dead relative and laugh. it's sad, but true.

people with money and visas don't date foreigners b/c it looks as if they are doing it to get papers or money like everyone else so it makes them look like they can't afford to do it on their own and you know how rich folks like to have everyone think they have tons of cash and power.

i agree with you that it is cool to have foreign/american friends - absolutely, but when it comes down dating, it's another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.