Travelling One Way To DR

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Is it OK to buy a one way ticket to the DR when you are in the process of getting your residency?

I have completed the medical tests and submitted all papers and am now waiting.....I have a receipt to confirm this.

If I enter on a one way ticket and explain my situation to them at the airport - will they let me in?

Thanks
Daydream

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
I have been living there for the past 2.5 mths but had to fly home for a week....so now I am returning.

I started the residency process soon after I arrived 2.5 mths ago

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
It is unlikely the airline will board you without a two way ticket unless you can show at least a provisional residency card.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
It is unlikely the airline will board you without a two way ticket unless you can show at least a provisional residency card.

Well they sold me the ticket!

I have travelled on a one way charter flight to the DR before but that time I had a scheduled flight booked to leave the DR.....they never checked me - I think they just assume that if you are arriving on a charter flight, that you are one a 1 or 2 week holiday.

This time around I don't have a flight booked to leave the DR again.....I know I could always fill out the form saying I am on a 1 or 2 week holiday and they probably wouldn't check, but instead of lying, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that. Surely if you can prove that you are in the process of getting your residency they can't refuse you entry?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Good luck. Being in the process of getting your residency does not make you a resident. On the other hand, if the airline sold you a one-way ticket, it is even less likely that you will be refused entry. But you are taking your chances.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Update

I managed to fly one way back with no problems....I didn't fill in the return flight section and they didn't question it. Maybe I was just lucky?

Anyway it's good to be back :classic:

jackieboo

On Vaction without a return ticket!
Mar 18, 2006
make a reservation

I'm flying in on a one way ticket next week. We're in the same 'limbo' state as far as the residency is concerned. What I did is buy a one way ticket on American in to the DR and then made a reservation for a return ticket on Continental. If asked about the return I'll just show the copy of the return reservation.

Doesn't say anything about the return flight being ticketed.

Wish us all luck!
Jack

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
Is it OK to buy a one way ticket to the DR when you are in the process of getting your residency?

I have completed the medical tests and submitted all papers and am now waiting.....I have a receipt to confirm this.

If I enter on a one way ticket and explain my situation to them at the airport - will they let me in?

Thanks
Daydream

yes yes yes, you can buy one way ticket, no problem. you can fly one way. no one will notice. unless you draw unwanted attention to yourself, no one will ask you anything. dominican airport employees don't get paid to think.