Caberete

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco123

Aug 20, 2006
Hey all,

I'm leaving for DR tommorow morning and will be helping out at Ali's surf camp for a month. I've just turned 20 and was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on things I should or shouldn't do or eat.

Where is the friendliest bar where I can find other tourists and such?

Getting nervous but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hey all,

I'm leaving for DR tommorow morning and will be helping out at Ali's surf camp for a month. I've just turned 20 and was wondering if you guys could give me some tips on things I should or shouldn't do or eat.

Where is the friendliest bar where I can find other tourists and such?

Getting nervous but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Thanks
Nothing to be nervous about.
Don't drink tap water and eat where other gringos eat and you'll be ok.
Don't carry all your life savings with you, nor your documents like passport and driver's license.
Ask them where you are staying if you can put that stuff in their safe.
It's Cabarete, btw, with an "A".

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
If you can't speak any Spanish, get a phrase book or something and learn some basic words/phrases. It will be invaluable for a month stay. Keep to the crowd and you will be fine. (And try to visit a few other places around Cabarete like Sosua, Puerto Plata, Rio San Juan....)

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Nervous?

Buddy
20 years old, going to Cabarete for a month! Nervous, no way, lucky, you bet!
You are going to have the time of your life! As mentioned, drink bottled water, other than that, enjoy the many restaurants! My family and I might be going for 1 week Sept 2 to 9, we have a place in Cabarete. I have to decide in the next couple of days. Have a blast!
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.