STI Hotels

Everett

Jun 8, 2006
Can any of you folks who know Santiago suggest mid-range hotels there?
I have a business meeting coming up there in September. typically, Lonely Planet is less than informative.
Wi-fi, "visitor friendly" and luxury frills are not important to me. A little peace and quiet would be a good thing.
Thank you in advance.

May 12, 2005
I reccomend the Hotel Platino. Around $50/night. I don''t have the contact info handy at the moment, but do a quick search and ypu can find it on here. Also Hillbilly who posts on here has a B&B. Maybe that will fill your bill.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hotel Platino or (from rave reviews;) ), Casa de Hillbilly...

I stay at Platino maybe 45+ days a year, and recommend it highly.

Hotel Platino: 809-7247576

Everett

Jun 8, 2006
Thanks.
Chez Hillbilly certainly has the right price and sounds fine to me.
Platino could be the backup if our rural friend is booked.
Interesting that Platino is not in LPlanet although that has been a disappointing guide book for me in the past.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Rural? Who's rural? Oh, you mean the nick, most people from West (by God!) Virginia are hillbillies (oh they say they are Mountaineers, but who believes that?).
Get your dates and we'll see.

HB :p:p:p

Ender

Aug 22, 2006
When in Sept?

Hi, don't know if I know your from another board. I will be there on Sept 20th - 28th Staying at a place with wi-fi and very visitor friendly, option of having a private driver for $50 per day all inclusive for $50 per day and $50 per day for the room. PM me and I will give you the e-mail / website / telephone. Owner is American living in the DR. For $50 / day it really can not be beat.

Can any of you folks who know Santiago suggest mid-range hotels there?
I have a business meeting coming up there in September. typically, Lonely Planet is less than informative.
Wi-fi, "visitor friendly" and luxury frills are not important to me. A little peace and quiet would be a good thing.
Thank you in advance.