Modified directions to Jarabacoa from the South (SDQ)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is what I originally wrote: Modifications in RED
Larry!!! READ THIS!!!!!

Go up the Duarte Highway, when you reach La Vega there are three signs reading La Vega->. The fourth exist is well marked with a big, overhead sign that says JARABACOA (28) -> keep a watch for four or five big smokestack on your left. The problem with the five smokestacks is that you can't see them very well coming from the South., so you could well pass the exit.
Exit the highway by going to the right and down and UNDER the Duarte Highway.
At that moment you are facing Jarabacoa. At the traffic light go straight.

Up the mountain, past Alpes Dominicanos, and on your left there is a place that roasts pork, but only on weekends!!

Continue up and over the mountain. As you come down you go through Bella Vista.. be careful, there is a SPEED BUMP there...

Continue on over a little bridge, past a gasoline station onyour right and about maybe a kilometer on your left side is the turn off to the Salto. This is BEFORE you get to town.

It is a beautiflly paved road, since Hip?lito built his summer "cottage" up that way....hehehe

When you come to a fork, go left, past the National Forestry School on your right and the golf course on your left... form then on just follow the signs to the Salto.

Have a wonderful trip. If you feel like eating, try the restaurant at the golf course.. Good food and cold beer!!

HB

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
HB, I made this trip last weekend and the directions were right on the money. You are right though about not seeing the smokestacks until it is too late. I pulled over at the exit and wasn't sure but then saw the stacks ahead across the highway......

Larry