Minor leaving DR with grandma....What's needed??

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
I took my son to DR USC and returned my mother, also a USC is bringing him back to start school in the states. I was told I need a letter to have him leave the country american airlines didn't say anything about this. What exactly do I need the embassy said it was a notorized letter. Just want to be sure. Please help.

sunshine

luzcace

Aug 19, 2004
www.luzcace.info
You probably need a permit from Immigration, first you have to get a legal letter from a Notario, around RD 1000, then have this legalized at the Palacio de Justicia,RD 430, and then go to Immigration to get the permit, RD 1450 if you want it the same day.

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Damn......Palacio?? To do what I'm in the US right now....I have custody of the baby. He went to DR for the summer. He's coming back now. If I'm in the states......how am I suppose to get those documents from DR?? My mother has a power of attorney, and a copy of my passport showing the baby came with me.

sunshine

cuas

May 29, 2006
Tell your mother go to immigration. My sister sent her daughter to Puerto Rico with flight attendant. She bought the ticket, nobody told her she needed clearance. The same day of the flight we rushed to immigration. She had to pay extra money, but got what she needed. For an extra fee their lawyer wrote and notarized the letter needed. No need for buscones. The buscones told us about going to El Palacio. No need. Everything was done there. Good luck.

sunshine73

Apr 5, 2006
Okis thank I had to go to el consulado .......remember I'm in NYC right now and fed ex'ed a power of attorney........Thanx......You sister was able to send her baby with a regular POA??

Thanx for the info

sunshine