This Is Your Chance To Help Needy Kids In The DR, Please Donate

We are trying our best to promote the helping the children of the DR with our online auction and our Vacation giveaway. We have amazing sponsors who have put forward the prizes, many dollars worth of prizes and the bids are a mere pitance of their actual value. all proceeds will be given 100% to the Kid's of the DR.

Step up to the plate and bid " Help us help the Kids."

See our website, read all the pages carefully, get your wallets out and help us "Help the Kid's"

Many DR1 mmbers have come forward, you should be the next to help."Those who can afford to travel can afford a lit bit to help the Kids, Education will make a difference"

www.beyondthebeach.ca

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Great!

We are trying our best to promote the helping the children of the DR with our online auction and our Vacation giveaway. We have amazing sponsors who have put forward the prizes, many dollars worth of prizes and the bids are a mere pitance of their actual value. all proceeds will be given 100% to the Kid's of the DR.

See our website, read all the pages carefully, get your wallets out and help us "Help the Kid's"

Many DR1 mmbers have come forward, you should be the next to help."Those who can afford to travel can afford a lit bit to help the Kids, Education will make a difference"

www.beyondthebecach.ca
Very nice. Very nice indeed.

I will help as much as I can.

I hope other members do the same. I hope that when they DO donate, that they would post here so this thread, even if a sticky, does not die!.

Btw, shouldn't I get paid for the thread tittle?. Hahahahaha!.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002

www.beyondthebecach.ca

Just a link typo correction - s/b:

http://www.beyondthebeach.ca

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hlywud, are there only five items to bid for? Also, is there anyway to tell what is the current highest bid for each item?

Bids

sorry I do not have the bids on the website but do have them in our Directors forum infromation centre.
We only have the 5 items online all other items were sold via silent auction at our Fiesta in July. We held these 5 items back so that those who could not attend the Fiesta have a chance to participate.

New items which have been recently donated will be placed either online or held in abayance for next years Fiesta(2007) which will be announced in a few days.

Bids can be seen here in the second post of the thread

http://onlinedr.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1149332880

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
????????????????

sorry I do not have the bids on the website but do have them in our Directors forum infromation centre.
We only have the 5 items online all other items were sold via silent auction at our Fiesta in July. We held these 5 items back so that those who could not attend the Fiesta have a chance to participate.

New items which have been recently donated will be placed either online or held in abayance for next years Fiesta(2007) which will be announced in a few days.

Bids can be seen here in the second post of the thread

http://onlinedr.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1149332880
Let ask you something Hly:

Since you know I live in "Alaska" and I can only send items to Gregg's home in Canada, my question is this:

Is there a problem me sending the items to his house?.

I mean, I rather send it to him than to have to rely on the Dominican Post Office, if you know what I mean.

I have an idea and I don't know if it can work or if Robert will give the go-ahead. This is my idea:

What if a member auction an item on this thread.

The person who wins will get the item directly from the person auctioning here and then the person who bought said item would send the money directly to you or Gregg.

What do you think?. Can we at least try it?.

Last edited:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Miguel,

I will do anything legal to help the kids and if it involves DR1, as long as Robert approves.

Goods or monetary donations may be mailed to me and I will provide my address on request.

Thanks for thinking of the kids.

Gregg

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Got it!

Miguel,

I will do anything legal to help the kids and if it involves DR1, as long as Robert approves.

Goods or monetary donations may be mailed to me and I will provide my address on request.

Thanks for thinking of the kids.

Gregg
Please try and get the aproval from Robert.

Maybe there are a few members, I hope, who would rather auction something on this thread.

I see it as a win-win situation.

Let me give you an scenario:

1- I post an item to be auctioned here, say a brand new walkman.
2- I will say that the starting bid will be for, say 10 dollars.
3- On the same post I will write that the auction will be open for only 3 days.
4- If after 3 days there was no taker, then that's when the win-win situation takes effect because I would send the item to you so you can post it on the kid's site. I know you will have better luck since I am sure the charity's webpage have more traffic, well at least I hope.

See what Robert says and let me know. If not, I would just do the same as before and mail it to you.

Btw, I will also post a picture of said item. But I will have to send it to someone to download it on this thread since my computer goes "LOCA" every time I try to download a pic. Don't ask, long story!.

Btw 2, STOP with the darn "thanks". It's my pleasure!.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If it makes any difference to anyone considering donating items or money to this cause, I would stake my life on Wud and Gregg's honesty.
I'm fortunate to be in the position of knowing locasl here who are in need, so I can give direct to them what I have to spare.
For those who want to help from afar, there is no better way than working with Gregg & Wud.

Thanks Marco

You are always behind us 100% and we really appreciate it. We feel that those who can afford to travel like us tourista's can afford to open their pockets a bit to help the children of the DR.

"Our mission is clear: We encourage travelers to make their journeys more
than just vacations; to reach beyond the beach and assist us in equipping
the children of the Dominican Republic with the tools necessary for learning
and living, dreaming and achieving; to empower the children to free
themselves from the restraints of poverty & lack of opportunity, and decide
their own futures."

I took my daughter and grandkids to PUJ last year and now the little 4 year old who will be starting school this fall buys additional school supplies when he and his mom go shopping and asks Papa to take them to the kids by the beach. He also left all the beach toys and some Canada t-shirts he took with their room maid for her children, he told her in spanish "gracias su servicio amigo". She hugged him and shed a few tears.
Even old Wud was a bit bleary eyed. I am proud of this little guy and it makes me feel very good to be associated with Fireguy (Gregg) and the rest of our directors.

dot

Jun 19, 2005
www.beyondthebeach.ca
Hey Wud....
you forgot to tell them that a new item has been added to the list of on-line auction items. I've seen quite a few people inquire on the best way to get from Santiago to Puerto Plata area - here is their answer!! Many thanks to Gregg (FireGuy) for getting this donation!

With just 10 days left , bidding has picked up and, a new item has been added:

Item #6:
Round-trip transportation from Santiago's Cibao Airport (STI) to the resort zone between Maimon (Riu) and Cabarete. This is offered by Rocio and JJ (well known, reliable and English speaking) who have ferried hundreds of tourists to the North Coast from STI. At least one of our directors has availed himself of this service and recommends JJ as a driver for this route.
Value $140US

Olive Thompson
President, Beyond The Beach Children's Foundation
http://www.beyondthebeach.ca

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Please!

Hlywud and Fireguy:

I am still waiting for you guys to tell me if you spoke to Robert about posting items on this thead to be auctioned.

I already have 2 items ready, willing and able to be posted here.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Hlywud and Fireguy:

I am still waiting for you guys to tell me if you spoke to Robert about posting items on this thead to be auctioned.

Why not just PM them with the items and they will list it with the other items?

Due to past experiences, I imagine Robert might be reluctant to have items listed here.

Hurry, there's only about 10 days left to the end of the auction.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hlywud and Fireguy:

Sorry, I didn't see this 'til now.

I have taken care of this with Miguel by PM.

I will touch base with Robert after the close of this current edition of our online auction and see what, if anything, we can work out.

Gregg

P.S. - I received Miguel's donations by mail and I will add them Monday.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Done!

Why not just PM them with the items and they will list it with the other items?

Due to past experiences, I imagine Robert might be reluctant to have items listed here.

Hurry, there's only about 10 days left to the end of the auction.
rellosk, we have exchanged a few PM already.

We already know where we stand.

See, what I am thinking is not the same as a regular auction. I am thinking of people posting an item for 3 days only. On a regular auction, more then 3 days are involved.

If Robert does not want to do it, fine, as I said before, it's a win-win situation because I will send it to Fireguy via mail. No biggie.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
New Donated Item(s) Added

Quantity of three (3) available

Maxell P-7 Voice Recorder - Digital player voice recording unit
This is an iPod accessory and will not work without an iPod.
Compatible with 3G, 4G and photo / Lets your iPod record memos, lectures, or conversations / Omnidirectional microphone for optimal recording / 20mm built-in speaker for high-quality playback / LED light indicates active recording / 3.5mm pass-through allows access to headphones or speakers.

Sells for up to $41.68US

http://www.dbuys.com/product/?11955&cart_id=12583900
http://www.maxellcanada.com/pdfs/accessories/iPodbro_can_web.pdf

25zklkg.jpg

Gregg