Interview with a sankie

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Interview with a Sankie

Funny you should mention your Sankie not trusting you, happy.

I did a little counselling while I was on vacation. I read the boards before going down to the DR so Sankiology became an intellectual pursuit.:glasses: I had a chat with one who young guy who confessed his distrust of his girlfriend who keeps phoning him three times a day to check up on him. (You're not that insecure are you?) He doesn't trust her because once he found out she had a boyfriend he backed off and left her alone. Then she came on to him after at the disco. She came up behind him and started with a slow grind at the bar (you wouldn't do that would you happy?) The young tourist then suggested the taxi/disco/hotel excursion the day before she left the resort and only broke it off with her boyfriend before she returned 3 months later. So this young man was looking for advice from an older :alien: The girlfriend is addicted and obsessed with his whereabouts. She wants to relocate and be with him. Or try to get him a visa. He actually said he loves her (at least 3 different times) and he did mention that she was really good to his family on the second trip. He's only 20. (She's 21....so this qualifies as a Sankie Puppy Love story right??!)

My advice to him:
Plan A. Dump her, too young (she's a control freak, insecure, cheat and untrustworthy), go to school.
Plan B. Give it a shot, but keep an eye on her because she's a control freak, insecure, cheat and untrustworthy... but you never know you might live happily every after. (He looked horrified when I suggested he might have to share in domestic duties like cooking, cleaning, childrearing.)
Plan C. Marry her, go to C***da, go to school, and then dump her. You could have a whole new life and if you don't like it you can always return to a AI resort.

Margaret -- Dr. Phil of the Sankies

Here?s a study on Sankies and tourists where they might need more volunteers: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...Retrieve&dopt=abstractplus&list_uids=12286019

Read -- knowledge is power!

Last edited by a moderator:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Quid Pro Quo????

Funny you should mention your Sankie not trusting you, happy.

I did a little counselling while I was on vacation. I read the boards before going down to the DR so Sankiology became an intellectual pursuit.:glasses: I had a chat with one who young guy who confessed his distrust of his girlfriend who keeps phoning him three times a day to check up on him. (You're not that insecure are you?) He doesn't trust her because once he found out she had a boyfriend he backed off and left her alone. Then she came on to him after at the disco. She came up behind him and started with a slow grind at the bar (you wouldn't do that would you happy?) The young tourist then suggested the taxi/disco/hotel excursion the day before she left the resort and only broke it off with her boyfriend before she returned 3 months later. So this young man was looking for advice from an older :alien: The girlfriend is addicted and obsessed with his whereabouts. She wants to relocate and be with him. Or try to get him a visa. He actually said he loves her (at least 3 different times) and he did mention that she was really good to his family on the second trip. He's only 20. (She's 21....so this qualifies as a Sankie Puppy Love story right??!)

My advice to him:
Plan A. Dump her, too young (she's a control freak, insecure, cheat and untrustworthy), go to school.
Plan B. Give it a shot, but keep an eye on her because she's a control freak, insecure, cheat and untrustworthy... but you never know you might live happily every after. (He looked horrified when I suggested he might have to share in domestic duties like cooking, cleaning, childrearing.)
Plan C. Marry her, go to C***da, go to school, and then dump her. You could have a whole new life and if you don't like it you can always return to a AI resort.

Did the good doctor receive any special favours while in the DR in exchange for professional counselling? .... You may not take the fifth ;)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Meager Advice

My advice to him:
Plan A.....
Plan B.....
Plan C.....

That's nothing that would appeal to a real sankie.
The advice is:

Add her to your milking cow herd and get out of her whatever you can and learned how to do it.

If she is a visa cow and no richer victim can be found within a reasonable time, use her to get out of the country.
Once you get there dump her and sponge on a more worthwhile spender.
School is not needed as not required in your trade...

m'frog

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Nope, those boys were safe from me!

There was that cute 44-year-old fitness "trainer", but:

1. I wasn't drunk enough.
2. My daughter was with me.
3. He had really corn ball lines like:
"this is good position"
4. I just wasn't drunk enough.

But that bus driver who drove us back to the airport danced a mean bachata.
Does anybody know Johnnie?? Just kidding!!!

I read the boards.... ignorance is bliss!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Indictment on suspicion of Quid pro quo

Nope, those boys were safe from me!

There was that cute 44-year-old fitness "trainer", but:

1. I wasn't drunk enough.
2. My daughter was with me.
3. He had really corn ball lines like:
"this is good position"
4. I just wasn't drunk enough.

But that bus driver who drove us back to the airport danced a mean bachata.
Does anybody know Johnnie?? Just kidding!!!

I read the boards.... ignorance is bliss!
Your testimony is that you would have accepted special favours under these circumstances (i) consumption of enough alcohol to render you drunk and (ii) your daughter not being present during the counselling sessions ;)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
That's nothing that would appeal to a real sankie.
The advice is:

Add her to your milking cow herd and get out of her whatever you can and learned how to do it.

If she is a visa cow and no richer victim can be found within a reasonable time, use her to get out of the country.
Once you get there dump her and sponge on a more worthwhile spender.
School is not needed as not required in your trade...

m'frog

Okay... so maybe I should keep my day job and leave the School for Sankies to you m'frog. You could take them to Master Sanki in no time at all. :glasses:

Strangely enough at two of them mentioned depression and how they cry everyday. Can't have normal relationships with anyone, especially nice girls from the DR and how they suffer the blues! Could be seasonal affective disorder (SAD) i.e. low season, lots of families in the resort and slim pickings among the guests.

Margaret --
For only 1$ a day, you can make a difference!

Last edited by a moderator:

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Pro bono (International solidarity)

Your testimony is that you would have accepted special favours under these circumstances (i) consumption of enough alcohol to render you drunk and (ii) your daughter not being present during the counselling sessions ;)

I just can't drink enough to render myself that brain dead (anymore)! :D

But if they could give me an indepth political analysis of the sociological roots of sex tourism and its impact on the political economy of the DR and proposals to eradicate HIV, STDs and provide clean water to everyone, they just might conquer me and add me to the cow herd.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
... if they could dance salsa the CORRECT way they might have a chance. And "no revueltas" in the bachata, what's up with that?!!

happy

Aug 23, 2006
Margaret: I think that you misunderstood my story. I did not go up to my Sankie and begin to dance with him at the bar. Another animacion worker pulled him over to me at the disco and we begin to dance. We danced very well together. The next day on the beach, I approached him.

Also, I was not involved with anyone when this all happened. He never asked me was I or not. He just, out of the blue, told me that I was his novia which took me by surprise.

The girl you are describing doesn't sound very much like me. (Before DR1 and knowing about Sankies) I wanted to know who I was dancing with that could dance so well and also looked so good :O).

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Sankie power strikes again!!!!

Also, I was not involved with anyone when this all happened. He never asked me was I or not. He just, out of the blue, told me that I was his novia which took me by surprise.

The girl you are describing doesn't sound very much like me. (Before DR1 and knowing about Sankies) I wanted to know who I was dancing with that could dance so well and also looked so good :O).
This is very intriguing and confusing at the same time. What possesses someone to walk up to a stranger and say that "you are my novia"? and further, instead of being surprised, I would think the appropriate response would be something like "are you @#$%&ng crazy?". Comapre that to someone doing the same thing where you live in NA or Europe, your first reaction would be to call 911.

What cause people's values, morals, ethics, ..... to change (for the worst) when they are on vacation? .... rhetorical question??? Perhaps, it's the sense of freedom "to do the dirty" without anyone watching??? :confused: :glasses: ;)

Last edited:

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Rumba in the footsteps of others ...

Margaret: I think that you misunderstood my story. I did not go up to my Sankie and begin to dance with him at the bar. Another animacion worker pulled him over to me at the disco and we begin to dance. We danced very well together. The next day on the beach, I approached him.

Clearly this proves we are all just dancing in the footsteps of those who have gone before us. It's all starts with a dance, happy...

No, I realized he wasn't your Sankie, happy... I was teasing you. And good to hear you have you weren't cheating on your boyfriend back home! Stay on the higher moral ground at all times, there's some comfort in that. (Not that there's any real payoff, but if he turns out to get pure $ankie at least you'll take comfort in the fact that you were genuine -- a genuine naive sucker! And you can always return and find a new dance partner on you next trip down. Or you can take revenge on the retired Sankies in your home town by dancing with them, letting them buy you a drink and then going off to dance with a short, sweaty, fat, old guy from Central America. That breaks their hearts every time!

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
They're no hunchbacks!!!!

you can take revenge on the retired Sankies in your home town by dancing with them, letting them buy you a drink and then going off to dance with a short, sweaty, fat, old guy from Central America. That breaks their hearts every time!
They have feelings too .... why deceive them? be true to your "short, sweaty, fat, old guy from Central America" ;)

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Calling for a Nurse

...Strangely enough at two of them mentioned depression and how they cry everyday. Can't have normal relationships with anyone, especially nice girls from the DR and how they suffer the blues! Could be seasonal affective disorder (SAD)....

Strangely?
That's trick 47A.
Did it make you hold his hand and stroke him compassionately? :pirate:

m'frog

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Dance, like nobody watching...

This is very intriguing and confusing at the same time. What possesses someone to walk up to a stranger and say that "you are my novia"? and further, instead of being surprised, I would think the appropriate response would be something like "are you @#$%&ng crazy?". Comapre that to someone doing the same thing where you live in NA or Europe, your first reaction would be to call 911.

What cause people's values, morals, ethics, ..... to change (for the worst) when they are on vacation? .... rhetorical question??? Perhaps, it's the sense of freedom "to do the dirty" without anyone watching??? :confused: :glasses: ;)

All-inclusive access to booze helps, away from eyes...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...tool=iconabstr&query_hl=5&itool=pubmed_docsum

911? I don't know maybe they'd exchange numbers... and text each other madly. How would you handle that at home happy? I think she would like him at home as well and maybe make excuses for his direct approach... language, cross-cultural communication, blah blah blah. Never underestimate the impact of good dancing on women, for 3:45 seconds a Sankie can persuade even the most hardened disbelievers that he's different.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
They have feelings too .... why deceive them? be true to your "short, sweaty, fat, old guy from Central America" ;)

I am and I do... especially if he can dance.
Stick'n together cheek to cheek, messes with my hair... I only do that with dancers who really love me.

Or when I really desperate to dance and I have to have my fix at any cost.

Last edited:

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I read the boards...

Strangely?
That's trick 47A.
Did it make you hold his hand and stroke him compassionately? :pirate:

m'frog

Nope, I just made a mental note of it. I was immune.

"Yes, this place is paradise... like a beautiful prison." ~Sankie 1

"Some of us cry every day... We are depressed... You're hot... do you have an amigo here? I would like to take you dancing!" ~Sankie 2

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Sankie 101 - sign up early & often

"Some of us cry every day... We are depressed... You're hot... do you have an amigo here? I would like to take you dancing!" ~Sankie 2
Everything you need to make your trip memorable ..... your instructor, Maggie (I hope you're not offended) will 'guide you thru sankie infested waters" ;)

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

"Vivo en una jaula de oro con de todo y sin amor"

(y como quiera es prision)
sin reflexionar te confundi con el amor
por que con tu estilo y con tu vida
yo tan experto cuando tu me conocistes
no es dificil con mentiras
hoy e despertado por mi bien y e comprendido
que te ciege una ilusion
que el brillo del alma no es el oro el que lo da
yo te agradesco lo que hiciste
pero aunque resulte triste
yo deseo mi libertad

by antony santos

happy

Aug 23, 2006
NOOOOOOO, goodness. He had a chance to spend some time with me first. I agree it was quick, but it wasn't until after we went out. He didn't start really saying those things until we had a chance to talk and get to know only a little about one another. He thought that I was attractive I am sure. That is what happened. But, still in all, my vacation was only 5 days long and of course that is quick to make someone your novia. Now, however, that is the mindset of these men. It's funny though, and I am going to be honest, I have known other men (not Sankies) in America and elsewhere to do these things. Like, you hear of people getting married in 2 weeks and staying married and for years and things like that.

But, we know what he was doing, so we know that it was all apart of Sankism.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Lines, lines and more lines which shouldn't be taken seriously. This is my novia, my wife, I'm going to marry her blah blah.

These lines must be making an impression because most people laugh and wouldn't even remember it when they got home let alone write about it like it was some great thing.

Just do this :rolleyes: and move on they'll be telling someone else the same thing on the next bus load coming in :laugh: