• Thread starter VANESSA from Canada
  • Start date

WHALE WATCHING

V

VANESSA from Canada

When is the best time and place to see any whales in the Punta Cana area? We are heading down the last week of Jan'00. Are there any day trips known to take you whale watching? Is so, how much?

Thanks...

K

Katrin (Germany)

In every hotel you can book day trips to Samana, where you can see whales - the time is right, because they are there in January and February... Don't book outside of the hotel, because there is no insurance if you have an accident ! Costs: ~50-80 $. I don't know, if there are whales near Punta Cana, but in Samana ! We are there from 17th to 31st of January, in Bavaro Village, Punta Cana. Have a nice stay !

V

VANESSA from Canada

DISTANCE FROM PUNTA CANA TO SAMANA?

THANKS FOR THE INFO. ON WHALE WATCHING...DO YOU KNOW HOW FAR IT IS TO TRAVEL FROM PUNTA CANA TO SAMANA? DOES THE TRIP USUALLY INCLUDE TRANSPORTATION? ALSO DO YOU KNOW WHAT TYPE OF WHALES WILL BE PASSING THROUGH?

THANKS AGAIN. HAPPY TRAVELS!

C

coral

Re: WHALE WATCHING in Puerto Plata?

Are the whales near Puerto Plata???

K

Katrin (Germany)

Re: DISTANCE FROM PUNTA CANA TO SAMANA?

Sorry, how far it is, I don't know - but I think ~2hours minimum... Samana is in the east of the Island... The trip usually includes Transportation + Food and drinks... If my information is correct, there are grey whales. Have a nice stay there... Katrin

D

DR1

Count on an all-day trip.

A

angela

They are "humpback" whales, and 80% of the worlds population of humpback whales migrate to this area.