Menus from Restaurants in las Terrenas

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
This is my first attempt at posting pictures. I have taken pictures of some menus at restaurants in Las Terrenas. I know that I would have liked to have seen this before I visisted so maybe others will benefit from this information.

I will try with just a couple retsaurants and if it works I will post more. The first is from the restaurant called La Salsa, which is located at the far left side (West) of the Pueblo de los Pescadores (Fisheman's Village)

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
Another restaurant located in the Fisheman's Village is called La Yuca Caliente. I ate here and I even took a picture of the meal that I ate (under the Fish and Seafood section of the Menu, it was #48 Mixed Grill).

and I am even including my bill so you can see that they don't try and charge you for extras that you didn't order (yes I ordered two sodas, and unlike some other restaurants which give you a 20oz plastic bottle and a glass with ice, this place just gave you a glass with ice filled with soda, so the average American will need to order more than one soda).

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
Another restaurant located in the Fisheman's Village is called Restorante Italia and here is the menu for that place:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Very nice stuff - menus - this is a great idea David - Now I'm hungry that parrillada looks delicious.

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
typo

Yes I know that El Cuyuco does not mean the Canoe. It was an error in typing and I cannot seem to be able to edit the post.

irie1029

May 27, 2006
Too kind and great idea..... I am heading there in November. Thanks so much for the heads up!:D

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Nice pictures and the idea of showing the menus is a nice idea.

I wish to talk about your bill that you posted.

As the ITBIS is supposed to be 16% then it stands to reason that your meals of 740 pesos should have an ITBIS of 118.40 pesos. As they charged you 120 pesos it should be apparent that the person is lacking in the mathematical department or there is the tendency to overcharge. The same is true for the 10% service charge. Unless my math is way off that figure should be 74 pesos and not 75.

This indicates that you overpaid 2.60 pesos > 3 pesos in taxes and I am pretty sure the state and staff didn?t receive that over charge.

Please don?t think that I am just being picky because I am. Though the feasibility of people like you and I being able to afford such a meal regardless of a small overcharge here and there pales in the realization that if you multiply that small overcharge across the board of patrons it really adds up.

If they do this with tourists I can assure you they do it with locals and the locals are the ones that may not be able to afford the 2 or 3 peso here and there. Also the fact that if allowed to continue this practice of deception then the possibility of that deception escalating is almost assured.

Rick

stormy

Nov 12, 2004
Can't seem to open the thumbs to a larger visible format. Also, which were the best meals ?

KPthree

Sep 23, 2006
you should go try the new restaurant in coson, the beach, great spot, original menu and completely different compared to the other places in the area

Saugatucker

Oct 5, 2006
Thanks!

This is great! Really gives me a sense of the flavor...sorry...of the area, as well as what to expect cost-wise. Thanks, David!