bus to el cortecito

VinceD

Aug 10, 2006
We will be staying in the capital for a few days and then would like to take a bus to El Cortecito near Bavaro. I hear that Caribe and Metro buses go that direction. Is that true and if so, where would we be dropped off at? We will be staying at La Posada de Piedra on the beach. Will it be possible to walk there with all of our luggage from the bus terminal or will we need to take a cab? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I'm afraid you heard wrong.......but no worries. Due to some kind of political strong arm tactics by one of the unions, Caribe and Metro don't serve that part of the country. Bavaro Express is what you need. Do a search using the name and you'll get lots of info.

I'm not familiar with that hotel, but if it's on the beach it's not in the Capitol. Santo Domingo is on the ocean, but it is all rocky shoreline with NO BEACH. Regardless, you will need a cab to the bus station.

VinceD

Aug 10, 2006
that's right. it's a company called something like sitrabapu that runs it and it drops you off at a place called fruisa in pc. Does anyone know if you can walk from there to the beach where our room is?

Oh, and i'm staying with my wife's family in the capital near charles de gaulle. It's el cortecito where I'll be staying at the beach.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
We have stayed at La Posada de Piedra in Cortecito and you have made a good choice! You will have to take a bus if you take the Express bus from the Capital, it is about 15mins. If you take a bus from SDQ to Higuey and switch there, the bus will drop you a block from the B & B, but dont know how much luggage you have. Good luck and PM me if you wish for any further questions.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
la posada del peidra is located in el cortecito right beside my own business. you made a great choice without doing the so common all inclusive vacations. it's run by a very nice couple, they will thread you like king and queen. from santo domingo to here you have two possibilities, and both drop you off at the corner of El Cortecito 100metres from your hotel, no cab needed.
* number one is to take the so called "Expresso Santo Domingo-Bavaro", their destination station is the above mentioned bus station at friusa in bavaro, but they pass by El Cortecito, if you tell the driver you want to get out at El Cortecito they stop there.
* my prefered one is to take the expresso from santo domingo to Higuey, you find their bus station in santo domingo at the "Parque Enriquillo", every cab driver knows that busy spot with the bus stations for all directions, so they drop you in Higuey at the bus station for bavaro, there you ask the drivers which bus is leaving next for "El Cortecito in Bavaro", the bus is leaving every 20 minutes and they all pass by the corner of El Cortecito and stop there.
have fun in my 'hood
Mike

VinceD

Aug 10, 2006
i used sitrabapu

Thanks to all for the info. I just got back from DR and I took Sitrabapu from the capital to Cortecito. They dropped us off at the corner and our B&B was just right down the street. The bus was comfortable even though they played some weird japonese movies during the trip. We stopped once along the way at a place to get some food/drink and bathroom. I recommend it to anyone that wants to travel from Santo Domingo to the Punta Cana area.