Question About Property Center Banner Ad

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The DR1 Property Center Banner uses what seems to be the same logo as the Property Center real estate agency uses on its sign. However the sign only says Property Center.

I am wondering about the use of DR1 in the banner ad. Is this a paid ad, or does the does the Property Center real estate agency have an official connection with DR1? If just a paid ad, should DR1 be part of it?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
We have a partnership with the Property Center. All our listings are exclusive to them. They handle all emails etc etc. They have agents in Sosua, Santiago, Santo Domingo and Bavaro.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
What does that mean? If somebody lists an apartment or house on dr1, do they have to agree to give Property Center an exclusive, with a part of the commission having to go to Property Center if property sold by another agency?

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
We have a partnership with the Property Center. All our listings are exclusive to them. They handle all emails etc etc. They have agents in Sosua, Santiago, Santo Domingo and Bavaro.

Who are "they"? When I log on to their website there's a coordinator, someone with a 1st Dan Black Belt in Bujutsu, whatever that is, and some other people with no specific tasks. Consider me a potential client I'm willing to put USD 150,000 on the table for the right place. A co-ordinator always have a manager, I want to to know who I'm dealing with. Who's in charge of this division of DR1?

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What does that mean? If somebody lists an apartment or house on dr1, do they have to agree to give Property Center an exclusive, with a part of the commission having to go to Property Center if property sold by another agency?

Ken, all the properties on DR1 are handled exclusively by the Property Center.
We are not working with any other real estate agents or brokers.
If you want to list a property for SALE on DR1, they will handle this.
They work like any other real estate agent, they work on commission.

If you want to list a property, follow the link below.
http://www.dr1.com/realestate/info/private.html

Rentals will be in a new section that is handled by us, DR1.
Anyone will be able to list a rental for a fixed fee. More on this as it happens.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Who are "they"? When I log on to their website there's a coordinator, someone with a 1st Dan Black Belt in Bujutsu, whatever that is, and some other people with no specific tasks. Consider me a potential client I'm willing to put USD 150,000 on the table for the right place. A co-ordinator always have a manager, I want to to know who I'm dealing with. Who's in charge of this division of DR1?

I think you will find they developed this page as 95% of real estate companies here are faceless, you don't even get a name. They might not have the worlds best website, but they are doing the right thing.

The Property Center have been successfully selling property in the DR for the past 6-7 years. They are progressive, have a good name and well known in the market.
These are some of the reasons we decided to partner with them. It's not something we did on a whim, we are the largest and one of the most trusted websites here, we have a lot to loose by partnering with wrong people. We did our homework and felt that the two of us could successfully work together and do a great job of promoting and selling real estate the right way here in the DR.

The "DR1 Property Center" is the most comprehensive real estate site in the Dominican Republic. We have the most listings and a huge amount of information so buyers can make more informed buying decision. We have people on the north coast, Santiago, Bavaro and Santo Domingo and will soon be opening up in Samana.

Why don't you contact Tay directly, I'm sure he can help you find a place for your US$150,000.

email: tay.realestate@dr1.com

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
In the US, exclusives are common. Having an exclusive means that if the realtor of another company sells your property the agency that has the exclusive gets a percentage of the commission.

In the DR, at least up to now, there have not been exclusive listings and owners listed their property with a number of companies. Any company that sold your property got the full commission. I have always thought that this was a good system for the DR because there are a lot more tire kickers than in the US, which means that a real estate agency may have to spend a lot of time showing your property before making the sale. For this reason, it is reasonable for them to get the full commission. I have thought this was a good systm, too, because no one real estate agency gets all the clients or makes all the sales. Having your property listed with a number of agencies, each of which could get the full commission, has seemed like a good thing.

I can see where having an exclusive is a good deal for Property Center. But I don't see how it benefits the owner over having the property listed with a number of real estate agencies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I can see where having an exclusive is a good deal for Property Center. But I don't see how it benefits the owner over having the property listed with a number of real estate agencies.
From what I understand, when a real estate agent has an exclusive listing, he devotes himself more to the sale of the property than when everybody has it.
They will also spend on advertizing it, when they have the exclusivity.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In the US, exclusives are common. Having an exclusive means that if the realtor of another company sells your property the agency that has the exclusive gets a percentage of the commission.

In the DR, at least up to now, there have not been exclusive listings and owners listed their property with a number of companies. Any company that sold your property got the full commission. I have always thought that this was a good system for the DR because there are a lot more tire kickers than in the US, which means that a real estate agency may have to spend a lot of time showing your property before making the sale. For this reason, it is reasonable for them to get the full commission. I have thought this was a good systm, too, because no one real estate agency gets all the clients or makes all the sales. Having your property listed with a number of agencies, each of which could get the full commission, has seemed like a good thing.

Ken, the property owner can list with whoever he wants, Century 21, ReMax, NRC etc. Nothing has changed in that respect.

But...

DR1 will only show listings in the real estate section that are Property Center Listings. Other real estate companies cannot list properties in our real estate section. This is what I mean by exclusive :)

So...

If your selling a property and you want a massive amount of exposure and be part of the Dominican Republics largest, most visited and most complete real estate website, go check out the DR1 Property Center :)

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I think you will find they developed this page as 95% of real estate companies here are faceless, you don't even get a name.

Thanks, clear answer. I'm not negative I'm just doing my homework and I'm a sceptical person by nature.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Rentals

If DR1.com is going to manage rentals, and not the Property Center, why were the previous rentals, that were on here, halted and funds returned?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If DR1.com is going to manage rentals, and not the Property Center, why were the previous rentals, that were on here, halted and funds returned?

Because we completely reorganized ourselves this end and completely changed the software we are going to use for rentals.