Que es el codigo postal en Puerto Plata?

Status
Not open for further replies.

morena21

Sep 3, 2006
Saludos desde Londres!

I need to send a package to Colima Del Sur, Puerto Plata, but am not sure of the post code (Codigo Postal). If anyone can advise me as to what it is I'd be most grateful.

Muchas gracias :)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There might be one, but they do not use it locally or regionally.
Just make the address as clear as possible. use DHL or FEDEX, not MAIL

HB

morena21

Sep 3, 2006
Thanx Hill Billy

Gee that was a quick response,

Thanks for that Hill Billy :glasses:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I, too, and "breakfasting" on the fact that POP does indeed have a postal code.
57000. Interesting.

HOWEVER, if what you intend on sending is important, please use one of the couriers, no matter what.

Good luck!

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Getting it to Puerto Plata main postal office is not the problem - ALL of the sorters in Santiago know where Puerto Plata is. Your problem is making sure the one (maybe two) postmen:
1. Know where the delivery address might be
2. has the energy to get to the address when they realise where it is
3. has a bike available for the delivery on the day he/she decides to deliver
4. can ensure there is gas in the tank &/or air in the tires (if/when there is a bike available)
5. doesn't get distracted by friends during delivery & fails to get to his/her destination!

Does the organisation/recipient have a post office box code (apartado No.) at Puerto Plata? If not I would recommend you do as Hillbilly suggests & use FedEx, UPS, Business Mail or one of the other international carriers that operate to the Dominican Republic! Get a receipt, ask for a tracking number & approximate delivery schedule! ~ Grahame.

Last edited:

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
Ive sent a couple of things to the North coast with DHL my courier told me i'd need a postcode I asked him to double check and he found he didnt! I sent it on the 1 4 day service and it took a week so not too bad. I sent a birthday card 2 weeks ago through the post im not too hopeful of it getting there tho!

nic

morena21

Sep 3, 2006
Well I definitely want it to get there in one piece so I'm going to heed HB's sensible advice and use a courier service.

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
North Coast

Courier is probably best to the North Coast...

The postal codes and INPOSDOM are good these days for clear easy to access addresses in Santo Domingo.

I send mail to Zona Colonial & La Julia all the time, so far NOTHING has gotten lost and mail makes in within 10 days from Montreal, Canada. I send letters and little things for my nieces and nephew, stickers etc...

I remember getting mail 3 months late and only after I went down to the sorting office in person and chatted up some people to get it... during the past government... ouf... QUE LUCHA MAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.