school uniforms still mandatory?

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
Hi Don Fabio
I am in need of a defininative answer to a simple question. Are school uniforms still mandatory for all students in the DR public school system? Or are there certain exceptions, for example schools in the campo? I am considering initiating a program along these lines for our foundation, Fundacion PONA-remember me? I am Tim Moller and your firm does all our legal work. Thanks in advance Kozy(Tim)

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
still waiting

If anyone else can answer my question I would appreciate it. I guess Fabio does not want to respond. We are considering the possiblilty of creating a program that would give hundreds of children the possibility of going to school who, without uniforms, would otherwise have no opportunity to educate themselves. We have already completed a uniform donation program, but it was several years ago. When I speak to the educational contacts I have, I am receiving mixed responses regarding the requirement of uniforms. I do not have access to the secretary of education. That is why I am posting this question. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Kozy

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
An answer offered

If anyone else can answer my question I would appreciate it. I guess Fabio does not want to respond. We are considering the possiblilty of creating a program that would give hundreds of children the possibility of going to school who, without uniforms, would otherwise have no opportunity to educate themselves. We have already completed a uniform donation program, but it was several years ago. When I speak to the educational contacts I have, I am receiving mixed responses regarding the requirement of uniforms. I do not have access to the secretary of education. That is why I am posting this question. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. Kozy

Just got off the phone with a director of a school in Puerto Plata. The answer to your question is this. For public schools the manditory rule (not law) throughout the country is tan pants can be worn for boys and girls as well as tan skirts for girls with a ligh blue shirt for both boys and girls. The rule is not as strict when it comes to shoes however black or brown shoes are suggested. Private schools wear uniforms however they can choose what colors that they wish to wear. I donate money to this school every year for those children that cannot afford their own uniforms. Hope this helps.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hi Tim: Remember me? I took you and your foundation people around and you never said hello again. Apparently they wanted to be beach lovers....

Oh well....

Good to see that they are still giving away stuff.

FYI, all public school children must have black shoes, khaki pants or skirts and light blue tops (collared, buttoned shirt with a pocket on the left hand side.)

HB

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Redundant but again....yes

Perhaps you do not read my posts. If you do then you just copied my post. Consideration is made in some cases in regards to shoes. They will not send a little barrio boy home if he comes to school with brown shoes on.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry Scotty, I read it and I know that what is "policy" is often times overlooked. As per your note.

These guys have the bread to make sure the shoes are black, no problem.

HB

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Good enough

Sorry Scotty, I read it and I know that what is "policy" is often times overlooked. As per your note.

These guys have the bread to make sure the shoes are black, no problem.

HB

We're on the same team. As long as the little guys and gals have nice clean clothes and shoes to wear to school. That's the most imprtant thing.

FOR ANYONE THAT DOESREAD OUR POSTS REGARDING SCHOOL CHILDREN AND YOU WISH TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE. REACH OUT TO SOME OF THESE FINE MEMBERS ONLINE HERE AND ALSO IN CABARETE AND SOSUA AREA. PLEASE, SPARE SOME OF THAT "FUN AND SUN" MONEY AND BUY SOMETHING FOR THE KIDS OR FIND AN ORGANIZATION HERE AND DONATE.