Any Dominican living in Africa?

Anthon5

Aug 28, 2006
Dear all!
I'd like to know if any of you have knowledge about any Dominican people living in Africa, more specifically in Ivory Coast (in English) or Cote D'Ivoire (in French).

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
And the President of Gabon's mother's cook is Dominican, at least she was several years ago when Mr C visited.
Deelt once mentioned she knew of Dominicans working on development/humanitarian projects in Africa. Might be worth searching the forums.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Hi Chiri

My friends still are but they have shifted countries and they are not necessarily Dominican. The shifting tends to happen every 1-2 years, especially in high risk areas such as the Ivory Coast. I have a friend that just left last week to the Sudan.

The Dominicans I know working now tend to go back and forth and I am not sure if they are still Africa-focused.

Thanks for remembering.

Best,
D

And the President of Gabon's mother's cook is Dominican, at least she was several years ago when Mr C visited.
Deelt once mentioned she knew of Dominicans working on development/humanitarian projects in Africa. Might be worth searching the forums.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
A lady who lived across the street from my house in Cotui was the nanny to the kids of the ambassador or president (not sure what the position was) from Central African Republic. She was hired while living in NY City, but moved to Africa with them. She then took all her kids with her to Africa, including those who lived in The DR at the time. This was some years back and I've never heard back from them since then.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
Diablo, loco, pero tu si me has hecho falta!! :bunny:

-Indie
The One and Only. Yep. La Mismita.

Ahhh! Con que te hecho falta, heh? Bueno, tu sabes mis n?meros. Pero hoy le? que buscas apts...sola o acompa?ada?

-Joseito
MamIndie's dominador
'toy celoso y tengo envidia

Anthon5

Aug 28, 2006
Well, thanks a lot for your answers!
apparently we are the only 4 Dominican in Cote D'Ivoire!
This is what i call a very little diaspora, if you can call it like this!