More pictures of Barahona & Pedernales

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Hey Marilyn, I logged in my kodak account, but still, I guess you would have to share to the individual e-mail...maybe someone here can show u an easier way to share it with us.

It would be nice to see them.

anneeoakland

Feb 12, 2005
Marilyn, Do you have any info on the Hotel El Quemaito or the Hotel Playa Pelenque? (I sent a PM to BPL88 who raved about the Pelenque, but haven't heard back)

Where did you stay?

Thanks!

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Marilyn, Do you have any info on the Hotel El Quemaito or the Hotel Playa Pelenque? (I sent a PM to BPL88 who raved about the Pelenque, but haven't heard back)

Where did you stay?

Thanks!

I have never stayed at the Hotel Playa Palenque, even though I have heard good things about it.

About Hotel Quemaito my experience was not good. On one trip to Barahona my brother booked the Quemaito Hotel through Expedia (he lives in NY). We arrived (all 14 of us, sort of a family reunion) and we found a hostile attitude in the owner, my guess it's because we are Dominicans and that hotel caters to Europeans, mainly Swiss people. I am light skinned, have blond hair and have green eyes, but my family is the typical light skinned brown eyes, brown hair, rowdy, noisy Dominican type, but as soon as I saw the discrimination I told my brother to forget about it and try the new Pontevedra Hotel 5 minutes away. That was the best decision ever, the pool at el Quemaito only qualifies as a kiddie pool, if it qualifies as a pool at all, the Pontevedra is brand new, located on the road between Barahona and San Rafael (at El Arroyo), the facilities are great, two huge pools, a huge bar area, nice cozy restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner (included in the $2,300 per night/double occupancy) and A/C all night, the rooms are new and very spacious with a small living room with a sofa bed. I have used the Pontevedra ever since in all my trips, and I travel to Barahona at least once a month since I love it and my mother is from there. Let me know if you need any type of help or advise, I know the area very well.