Playa Dorada beach reconstruction :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

elledee

Sep 2, 2006
Im due to stay at Puerto Plata Village, Playa Dorada from 17/9/06, but today my tour operators have phoned to tell me beach reconstruction has started ! Apparently it has been graded as a 2 (on a scale of 1 -5 ) nuisance. Has anyone any news on just how bad (or not) the disruption is? Im so looking forward to coming to DR and dont want to be disappointed, is there anywhere else anyone can recommend for a 2 week stay with an adventurous 7 year old?

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
You would be better off sending an email to the resort(puertoplatavillage.com). They will have more details for you on a alternative beach for the resort guests. The beach regeneration is going along at a fast pace as construction only took a week to do infront of Iberostar and was to take about 3 weeks according to resort management. Guests were not inconvenienced that much as they could still use parts of the beach. I would'nt worry too much. Enjoy your holiday.

elledee

Sep 2, 2006
thanks for putting my mind at rest (a bit lol)...ive taken up your suggestion and emailed the resort so lets see what they have to say about it.
I really dont want to change or cancel my holiday....but dont want to regret it either.
Hopefully they will get through it in a week too and then it'll be finished by the time i get there

Status
Not open for further replies.