I remember...

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
So, it will be another two months before I get back to the RD and life here is getting into the September groove and it is starting to cool off.

Getting darker earlier, starting to hear the Canada geese get ready for their winter trip south, and summer is coming to a close.

I have been thinking of a time when I went to the campo, around Bella Vista, and spent an afternoon with a friends family.
We chatted, played dominoes (sp?), listened to music, and waited for the pasta (and rice) lunch.

I love the way that we each have to sit a particular way so that the board we play on is rested on each of our knees. You always get a feeling of unity or togetherness. I am amazed at how some of them know exactly what tiles you have with still a third of the game done. How do they do that? How the heck did he know I had that tile? Damn lost again.

Afterwards we sat outside behind the house in those plastic chairs under the trees while someone went and got some fresh coconut and grapefruit.

It was fresh there. Clean and relaxing. The grapefruit and coconut tasted great and we had a good time just being there.

I have good times here but always seem to come back to my memories in the RD.

Any other good memories you want to share?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I remember sipping dressed to be married Presidentes on Sosua beach while eating fried fish with tostones. Damn!!! What I wouldn't give for that.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Memories

Sitting on el balcon watching the rainfall...sipping a cold Presidente of course!