Long Waiting List at the Embassey

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
I have a few friends on the waiting list for k3 visas (marriage visa?)... The appointments seem slow coming. Why is that? In other countries the process seems to go much quicker from date assignment to actually being seen. Is it really over a year wait just to be seen? Just curious. Thanks.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The wait is WELL over a year. And it has nothing to do with the Dominican Republic. The problem rests solely with the US Dept. of State. The SDQ Consulate is woefully understaffed for the load of applicants approved by CIS. The waiting list is some 27,000 long, and the line moves 1200-1400 a month.

Supposedly more staff is being added in the new fiscal year effective 10/1.

dresposa

Oct 7, 2005
what are you talking about...lol i am married... i was asking in reference to my friends malo. =)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
The wait is WELL over a year. And it has nothing to do with the Dominican Republic. The problem rests solely with the US Dept. of State. The SDQ Consulate is woefully understaffed for the load of applicants approved by CIS. The waiting list is some 27,000 long, and the line moves 1200-1400 a month.

Supposedly more staff is being added in the new fiscal year effective 10/1.[/QUOTE/]

OOOppps Hello its the US Dept. of State. Normal operation procedure.

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
Is the waitinglist related to the type of visa or is this for everyone?
My wife has to extend her 10 years visa in october and we plan to travel to US during the Christmas season.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
They are talking about fiancee visa appointments.

Galk, i hope you already have your appointment made, if you are planning on travelling at Christmas. If not, go to the bank TODAY and pay for your phone call and appointment, and call them tomorrow for the visa renewal apppointment. Their appointment times have been running 2 to 5 months later than when you call in to the Consulate to get the interview appointment.