Education Level of DR1ers

The highest level of education you have achieved was a...

• Primary education or less

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • High school diploma or equivalent

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • Associate's degree

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • Bachelor's degree

Votes: 55 40.4%
  • Master's degree

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Doctorate degree

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Another member of DR1 had several questions in another thread regarding DR1ers and the DR in general. One of his/her question was about the education level of most DR1ers, thus this poll has been created.

What level of education have you completed?

(If you want, you could post the field in which you receive your degree in).

A) Primary education (8th grade) or less

B) Secondary education (high school diploma)

C) An associate's degree

D) A bachelors degree

E) A masters

F) A doctorate

-NALs

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Education = $$?

Maybe it would be more fair/interesting, to state your education along with your yearly income, since a better job is probably the main reason for one to seek higher education.
Steve

G

gary short

Maybe it would be more fair/interesting, to state your education along with your yearly income, since a better job is probably the main reason for one to seek higher education.
Steve

I can frickin guarantee you there won't be a lot of members stating their yearly income........just a guess.

G

gary short

Exactly.......BTW I'm Canadian so I don't know what an associate's degree is?????? I should rephrase, I don't have an associates degree or do I...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A "Junior College" Degree

Two years,60 credits.....Anything ring a bell for you?cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

G

gary short

Two years,60 credits.....Anything ring a bell for you?cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

So in the states if you flunk out of a four year university degree you can claim you have an associates degree.........cool. Where I'm from you don't have jack.
gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
To Be ? Little"More Specific!

A Two year college that grants an ?ssociate Degree". Many transfer their 60 credits to a four year college after they graduate.
Many of the Associate Degrees are in tech nical fields like "Computers",X Ray Tech., etc.
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

G

gary short

Ya I figured. Tech degrees where I'm from are three year programs...whatever.....there not called associate degrees..but they should be.

Dirty Girl

Jun 12, 2006
:ermm: So if your going to judge people by their education, why should they even bother with this poll?

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
:ermm: So if your going to judge people by their education, why should they even bother with this poll?

Don't worry, women are usually judged by different criteria.

4 year Apprenticeship (Typography)
1 year (Komsomol school - Moscow) :paranoid:
BA (Communication Studies)
Certificate Web Design
Post-graduate Certificate (TESOL) - In Progress

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
It's Just a Poll...

It's amazing how defensive some people can become? It's just an anonymous poll.

-Helpmann :rolleyes: