Westin Roco Ki starts and stops

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Regarding sales of homes, condos, etc. at Roco Ki, does anyone have definitive info regarding why the first marketing and sales organization failed to gain traction ?

Also, I have been told that the beaches, although beautiful, are not swimmer-friendly due to fierce undertow.

Can anyone confirm this and is it a factor in sales?

brianm

Nov 23, 2004
From the limited info I know of the beach at that site, there is no outer reef acting as a break, and yes, it can definetely be rough. Especially to the west (north) depending how you look at it. I believe the beaches to the east of the site are somewhat protected and a little less rough.

Not sure of the sales issue.

backinthedr

Apr 10, 2004
The original Roco Ki sales team was created by a guy named Bruce, he was fired by Cap Cana..set up shop in a Roco Ki off-site office near plaza Bavarro..hired some of his old buddies that were also fired from Cap Cana...a few timeshare guys from Sol Melia (ALSO fired from Sol Melia)..throw lots of high profile living including drugs, alcohol, and prostitution....and all the B.S. sales pitches....surprised they lasted as long as they did...someone at Starwood did not due their due diligence when they hired THAT crew!!

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Thanks, backinthedr, and....

I suppose it would be fair to say that a good, professional real estate sales team should have a fighting chance at selling this pre-construction opportunity????

The rough water situation is not a big negative?

Thanks

backinthedr

Apr 10, 2004
The property will be gorgeous...a little off the beaten path...but for the same type of investment ($$) I prefer Cap Cana. The beach in that area is outstanding!! I haven't seen the project lately, but I hear it is progressing and the golf course is now open. I find it interesting that Rea Harkins is no longer with Cap Cana, he was the Sales and Marketing Director. He now has the same position at Roco Ki...Not sure if thats good or bad