Questions About Santiago

majority1

Jan 9, 2005
I am planning to visit and spend a few days in Santiago next month. Although I have been through Santiago before this is the first time I will be spending any significant time there. Can anyone suggest a decent but not too expensive hotel ($35 - $55) per night.

Someone had suggested the Colonial Hotel so does anyone know if this will be a good choice. I am also looking for places to hang out at (clubs, bars and restaurants to eat).

I can speak and understand basic spanish but I am not fully bilinqual. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Normally I would recommend the HB B&B, but I do not know if we will be receiving guests at that time.

However, for your needs the Colonial is very good. It is reasonably priced and save and clean.

You are within walking distance of Francifol and just a short cab ride to Baja, Tribeca or Ahi Bar. there might be a few other places to hang out but I do not know exactly your tastes.

You should have a good time.

HB

majority1

Jan 9, 2005
Does anyone have the telephone number for the Colonial Hotel or do they have a website?

What other places do you suggest?

spkdave

Aug 25, 2006
I just came back from a 2 week trip to the island and was in santiago for 4 days. I would highly recommend the Hotel Platino. Stayed there for 3 nights with my wife (after a sleepless night in her aunts house the first night).
It's a nice hotel for your stay in Santiago. It's not a five star hotel but it's in a very central and safe are of santiago.
About $50 for a queen size for 2 people.