Delta Atl-sti

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Special for AZB:

Sad news AZB. DL will drop for now the route ATL-STI, they will only operate on 1 day in december and another day for Jan 2007, this is due to relacoting the a/c now to new routing to Point a Pitre and Martinique.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
sad day indeed for azb :(
My hopes are down the toilet again.
AZB

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Noooooo!!

Very sorry to hear that Latino2002...... It`s a very important route for the connecting passenger that travels to other states in the US, not just JFK and MIA.... heck, I need STI-ATL-MCI to visit my family in Missouri!!! well, fingers are still crossed!!!!

Hope to see you soon in STI......

SLDS

STIOP

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Late to post but fyi DL starts Dec. 15 ATL to POP if that is of any consequence for santiagueros, 5 weekly flights as it stands now and it
is sked for year around, not seasonal.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah POP will operate from dec 15 this year, Santiago will operate only dec 20, 2006 and jan 7 2007.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
STI-ATL is too much for ATL routes, remember that DL will fly to POP, they also fly from STI to PUJ and SDQ. POP is more convinient, because this flight can bring tourists as well.

By the way, DL's presence in DR is strong, thinking that 2 years ago nobody had idea about this airline's coming service.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Delta Airlines Change Aircraft one of one routes for december

Jfk-punta Cana New Services Was Supposed To Fly In A Md-88 But Now They Change To A Boeing 737-800.

By The Way Its So Sad That Delta Drop Atl-sti But Its Was Too Much For This Route.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Actually they'll fly 7-3's and some RJ's on various dates. And they aren't flying from NY, but from ATL with conx from over 191 cities. A good start for the north coast.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
I don't think the route ATL-STI would be that successful anyways. We talk about how good it is for Dominicans in Georgia, blah blah blah, but how large is that population? What percentage of them is from El Cibao? and how many tourists(foreigners) are interested in visiting Santiago?

I'd love to see every single airline flying to the Dominican Republic, but let's face it. Airlines flight for a reason: Revenues and if they don't get those flying to our country, then don't expect them to do it.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I don't think the route ATL-STI would be that successful anyways. We talk about how good it is for Dominicans in Georgia, blah blah blah, but how large is that population? What percentage of them is from El Cibao? and how many tourists(foreigners) are interested in visiting Santiago?

I'd love to see every single airline flying to the Dominican Republic, but let's face it. Airlines flight for a reason: Revenues and if they don't get those flying to our country, then don't expect them to do it.

ATL is the connecting hub for europe and south america. You can fly dominicans from europe non-stop to atl and then send them to sti from there. This is the only scenario that would make sense to start the service from atl - sti. I think Delta just doesn't have the aircrafts available to start this risky route.
AZB

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002

You maybe right, but that was the same scenario for ATL-SDQ, people said that there were no Dominicans in ATL and the flight was even doing better than JFK-STI........
STI is a big industrial city and now with the Georgia Dominican-chamber of commerce they were planning to extend the Dominican presences in ATL..

Now you drove by the highways'....you will see those big Billboard " The Republic of Green" Dominican Republic.
Que Lindo estan los letreros.

Flakko

Dec 5, 2003
They have the same here in NYC. A lot of train stations have them. They have the one that says The Republic of Colors, another one The Republic of Green and another one the Republic of Blue.
I'm just saying that, honestly, I don't think there's enough pax traffic to support that operation (ATL-STI). In a future, maybe, who knows. Or maybe a flight once a week.
If there's that many Dominicans in ATL, what about places like Massachussets and Conneticut? Maybe a flight BOS-STI would be more succesful during the christmas season.

Jun 5, 2004
Flakko, I totally agree with you. Eventhough I think that ATL will not only be used as a place for the people who live in ATL. ATL will be more of like a connection place and that would be like connecting with the world since delta's hub is located in ATL.

lilredrooster

Aug 12, 2006
Said before

DL connects out of ATL from 191 cities and do NOT depend on Dominicans living in ATL. And they do NOT want to compete with AA out of MIA or NY to either STI or SDQ. POP is a logical choice. Their RPM's and yields are better. Their domestic yields suck, so they're bumping up their Caribbean service all over.
Bidness, girls. Flying an RJ half the time and 73's the rest reduces need for capacity and volume. Yield, RPM's - that's the ticket. Just like JetBlue should do IMHO. They'll never win the fight with AA....deep pockets.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
DL connects out of ATL from 191 cities and do NOT depend on Dominicans living in ATL. And they do NOT want to compete with AA out of MIA or NY to either STI or SDQ. POP is a logical choice. Their RPM's and yields are better. Their domestic yields suck, so they're bumping up their Caribbean service all over.
Bidness, girls. Flying an RJ half the time and 73's the rest reduces need for capacity and volume. Yield, RPM's - that's the ticket. Just like JetBlue should do IMHO. They'll never win the fight with AA....deep pockets.

DL has never competed with AA, Most of the legacy airlines are compete with LCC, Like Airtrash and Jetblue. Even American eagle is part of the Delta Connection Carriers in LAX.
there is not sense of delta having a MIA-STI flight, when they will give all conx passenger to AA VS ATL-STI and pax will have the option of more that 1050 daily departure flight, no other airline in the world give you that choice from a single point like the Worldport Atlanta.

Now why ATL-SDQ is doing better than JFK-STI....??? DL do not depend on the Local Dominicans in ATL, they are depending on every passenger.
I had seen a lot of Canadian connecting via ATL to SDQ and a lot of Dominican York also via Atlanta.
They eventually will cover the Caribbean and will help to promote RD around the USA.