Hotel choices in las Gal/ Las Terr

Chino moreno Jr.

Sep 12, 2006
Hi.
I'm wondering if people could offer some feedback on both locales accoms?
Las galeras: Hotel Moorea beach or Villa serenas?
Las Terrenas: las palmas al mar, vamos alas palmas, playa colibri or Hotel Bahia Las ballenas?
I know alot of people recommend Playa colibri, but right now Las palmas al mar is my # choice. I am open to any feedback though & thanks.

DavidM

Jun 29, 2006
Yes, many people seem to rave about Colibri. I have not stayed at Colibri, but from what I have seen on the outside, I don't think it can be significantly better than Las Palmas al mar, and the prices seem to be similar.

Regarding Las palmas al mar, here is a link for information that may be helpful.

http://dr1.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-51769.html

Please advise how much the room is with air conditioner if you find out.

Mar 27, 2006
I've stayed at Colibri several times and found it to be very nice and very affordable.. It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the center of town which is nice and quiet. The sunsets on their beach are beautiful. A new place called Alisei is just beginning to take reservations, I believe it will be one of the nicest places in Las Terrenas with a beautiful accommodations, beach, great restaurant, pool and spa.

frenchiemorenita

Sep 26, 2006
I've stayed in Moorea Beach this summer. It was kind of hard b/c there's no a/c in the hotel, just fanes, I can only let you imagine how it was hard to find sleep in August given the outside temperature. It's true though that the price for Moorea Beach is half the price for Villa Serena. I've never been to Villa Serena, but it seems really nice!