Not so happy story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2006
If only that would be true for everyone. I on the other hand was taken so badly. He is here in Canada now, with an abuse record. I had to sell the house (which was bought with my money) but he will not realese it back to me. So I go to court. Not only did he ruin my life, he's taken everything I have. A Sanky? in every sense of the word. Is he the only one? NO he teaches his friends to do the same thing. I have made it my mission to stop them from coming to my country, using us, abusing us, then living the good life because of us. I will stop at nothing. My life is over because of Manuel.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Victim Number ....

... A Sanky? .... Is he the only one? NO he teaches his friends to do the same thing. I have made it my mission to stop them from coming to my country, using us, abusing us, then living the good life because of us.

The only one.
You must be kidding. :laugh:

Teaching others?
It's a natural gift, not much training needed. :bunny:

Mission?
Don't waste your time.
While we speak the hormone trap snaps... :pirate:

m'frog

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Sankie training ....

If only that would be true for everyone. I on the other hand was taken so badly. He is here in Canada now, with an abuse record. I had to sell the house (which was bought with my money) but he will not realese it back to me. So I go to court. Not only did he ruin my life, he's taken everything I have. A Sanky? in every sense of the word. Is he the only one? NO he teaches his friends to do the same thing. I have made it my mission to stop them from coming to my country, using us, abusing us, then living the good life because of us. I will stop at nothing. My life is over because of Manuel.
Open a school, hire him as your sankie professor, then get HRDC to provide grants for students ... you may be able to recover financially :)

And how exactly do you plan to do this? .... let me guess, all horny women travelling to the DR would be fitted with a chastity belt :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Come on!

Ok, lets be fair here....

Shouldn't you also be warning women in your country NOT to do what you did?.

No mamacita chula, your life is over because of YOU!.

Can you please tell us who put a gun to your head and told you YOU MUST go out with Manuel and make his life better or else?.

Gimme a break. YOU are also to blame here, MUUUUUUCH more than him!.

I always say that a person can only be used and abused if that person allows it!. As simple as that!.

Live, learn, kick yourself in the behind and move on!.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok guys be nice.

To the original poster, I'm sorry you were used and abused. It's not an easy thing to get over emotionally and financially. I realize how much you must be hurting and how you'd like to save everyone from going through the same thing but it's very hard. People do what they do and telling them of your own bad experience doesn't always help others to see the light.

It seems like a very difficult thing to find a good guy but I do know of many that are and the relationships have worked out.

Everyone needs to find their own path in their own time. Some work others don't. It's part of life.

I do wish you would have found DR1 earlier, it may have helped you see the signs but then again some read the signs but don't see them. ;)

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
Ok, lets be fair here....

Shouldn't you also be warning women in your country NOT to do what you did?.

Can you please tell us who put a gun to your head and told you YOU MUST go out with Manuel and make his life better or else?.

Gimme a break. YOU are also to blame here, MUUUUUUCH more than him!.

I always say that a person can only be used and abused if that person allows it!. As simple as that!.

I could not agree with you more. Personally I have lost interest in all these one-sided sankie pity reports.

I think that if both sides were to stand in front of a judge and tell their sides of the story, 9 out of 10 times, the judge will scream " CASE DISMISSED, BOTH OF YOU SHOULD GET THE HELL OUT OF MY COURT AND NEVER YOU COME BACK HERE AGAIN"!!!!!

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Save yourself first

Regarding the abuse, didn't you call the cops and have him arrested and removed? Or was this mental abuse?

Regarding the house, it was your house to begin with? Or you used your money for a downpayment and bought the house together and put it in both your names? Either way, you should have protected your assets in the first place with a pre-nup. But it was true love right? And talking about money isn't romantic. You need a good lawyer and that's going to cost you. Too bad you can't settle out of court, 50/50 and cut your losses because both lawyers will win on this one and even your husband will walk away with less.

I hope you'll take a close look at yourself and try to determine if you were open for abuse in the first place. Help yourself first before to try to save everyone else.

~margaret

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
In the heat of the night .....

Either way, you should have protected your assets in the first place with a pre-nup. But it was true love right? And talking about money isn't romantic. You need a good lawyer and that's going to cost you. Too bad you can't settle out of court, 50/50 and cut your losses because both lawyers will win on this one and even your husband will walk away with less.

I hope you'll take a close look at yourself and try to determine if you were open for abuse in the first place. Help yourself first before to try to save everyone else.

~margaret
No one's thinking of protecting anything ..... a$$ and all :)

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
So sorry that happened to you

Wow, that is crazy!!! I guess you could call it a lesson learned, but unlike some others on this thread, I do not think that this situation is completely whatslovegottodowithit's fault. I mean, for someone to leave a country, whether or not there is a factor of desperation, to deliberately hurt someone and ontop of it try to keep money/possessions that are not theirs is DISGUSTING! Manuel should be ashamed of himself and at least apologize for the obvious wrongdoing by him, whether or not WLGTDWI chose to be with him or not. Sometimes that whole 50/50 split with possessions sucks when someone is getting 50% of something that they have not contributed to. But, don't worry, whatslovegottodowithit, what goes around comes around and Manuel will get his later on in life, even if it isn't tomorrow, his day will come. I don't know how long WLGTDWI's realtionship was with Manuel, but I guess any relationship that is built overseas needs to have a lengthy courtship (like 2 or 3 years lengthy) in order to develop a true, honest relationship. And I guess, one rule that I personally would make before I seriously consider anyone from anywhere overseas, is that they could get themselves to Canada on their own without me having to marry me to leave. For example, having an education or a trade/skill that Canada needs, so that I am not the one that is responsible for him or his arriving here. Maybe that's harder to do than to write, but that's all I could think of. By the way, WLGTDWI, you will find someone worthy of you and your love, so in time you will forget this Manuel after this nonsense is overwith. I hope everything turns out the best for you.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Plenty of good men here

The age old question as to what exactly is a "good man".

Well, good men in my mind is someone that has intelligence, culture, a personality (above his waistline) and a heart of gold.

Many universities here in the Dominican Republic. Take a gua gua over to one of them and pack a lunch. You will see some of the hottest men (for you gals) and women (for you guys) that you never knew existed. Get the heck away from something that is sitting (literally) right outside your hotel room doorway night and day like some sort of stray mutt. Go out a few miles and really see what this great island has to offer.

Boring huh?

Like the bad boy, the dirty little boy or girl? Want to bring the stray in from the rain and cold, feed him/her pet him/her and domesticate him or her? They have entire sections of self help books in the book store about this illness. For one, try the book "Women that love men and the men that hate them". The book is not about men at all but all about what goes on inside the mind of a woman. Don't know the author however I know the author is a she and not a he. Heard it is a must read book for all of those sankie lovers out there. There are books out there for you sucker guys as well that think the chica you met on the street is your one and only. There is actually a book published about Sosua it is called "What does love got to do with it". *sigh*

Last edited:

momita

May 17, 2006

You know what, Mr Bloody Perfect just leave her alone!!!
She has taken her lesson!!!!!

Momita

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
There is actually a book published about Sosua it is called "What does love got to do with it". *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Hey, I just read that book recently, it's full name is "What's Love Got to Do With It? Transnational Desires and Sex Tourism in the Dominican Republic" by Denise Brennan. It goes a lot further than just talking about sankies though. It talks about how the women in the Dominican Republic are also victimized by foreigners and given false hope as well. Also, it talks about the economic situation that causes these issues. It's an amazing book!

Status
Not open for further replies.