Movie stub

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Hey all,

I heard from someone that they still had the movie ticket stub from their first date, so romantic and a symbol of love.

Now I know most of the same rules apply with dating and love where ever you are but also know when there is a difference of cultures a few more things need to be considered.

That being said...when did you know that your Dominicano/a love was true?
When you truly felt that the 'movie stub' was of more interest than the visa or car.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I knew it was true love when my Dominicano landed in Canada and didn't run off the other way :laugh:

Oh wait is this a serious question?

Not sure if I understand. The movie stub was more important than the visa or car? You're kidding right? Girls do the movie stub saving thing but if you ask a guy he'll take the car or visa or both if offered.

Sorry if I don't get your question maybe someone else will jump in now and save me, ;)

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
When she did'nt charge me when we saw each other outside of the massage parlor!!!!;)

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Saving the online receipt from the first Western Union payment......

That's romantic! :cheeky:

vince1956

On Vacation!
May 24, 2006
movie and fish and chips

When she did'nt charge me when we saw each other outside of the massage parlor!!!!;)

Tickets in Korea are for the most part universally priced, so it costs no more to buy a ticket in a Seoul multiplex than it does at provincial theaters. General admission tickets rose to 7,000 won in early 2001, roughly $5.50 at the present (Dec '01) exchange rate. Special discounts are often given for early-morning shows, or to students and seniors. Foreigners buying tickets to Korean films will often receive a warning from ticket sellers ("This is a Korean movie! It's not in English!").http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...&hl=en&lr=&rls=GWYA,GWYA:2006-34,GWYA:en&sa=X

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Wow, okay....s l o w l y now.

What I meant was...when did you know you were truly loved for who you were and not for what you had/had to offer?
Duh-I'd take the car too - but the dream would be to have someone say they want to be with you because of who you are and not just for the visa.

Same question as always here but wanted a different slant to it.

(I want fish n chips now) lol

Hey all,

I heard from someone that they still had the movie ticket stub from their first date, so romantic and a symbol of love.

Now I know most of the same rules apply with dating and love where ever you are but also know when there is a difference of cultures a few more things need to be considered.

That being said...when did you know that your Dominicano/a love was true?
When you truly felt that the 'movie stub' was of more interest than the visa or car.

When she went home and never asked for money ;)

Tickets in Korea are for the most part universally priced, so it costs no more to buy a ticket in a Seoul multiplex than it does at provincial theaters. General admission tickets rose to 7,000 won in early 2001, roughly $5.50 at the present (Dec '01) exchange rate. Special discounts are often given for early-morning shows, or to students and seniors. Foreigners buying tickets to Korean films will often receive a warning from ticket sellers ("This is a Korean movie! It's not in English!").http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...&hl=en&lr=&rls=GWYA,GWYA:2006-34,GWYA:en&sa=X

What in the name of God are you talking about, Vince??????? Put the bottle down buddy.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i wish my first dominican girlfriend would have gave me a stub...but that was like a gazillion girlfriends ago...LOL

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
come on people....after being 'schooled' at RD University of Love/Sankiette
(Honour Role by the way) ... (notice the 'U' in honour - the right way to spell it ha)

Give us a something other than the cabana receipt story...or aren't there any?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Actually that means you are just good friends!!! She loves you when she starts a fight with the other massage girls when you get a massage from someone other than her.

That happened, too! She also started fighting with ME about the other girls!! I never recieved the courtesy of a verbal warning-she threw her cellphone at me and charged like a Rhino when I did'nt react. Love, dominican style. Can't beat it with a baseball bat. :confused:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
That happened, too! She also started fighting with ME about the other girls!! I never recieved the courtesy of a verbal warning-she threw her cellphone at me and charged like a Rhino when I did'nt react. Love, dominican style. Can't beat it with a baseball bat. :confused:

:laugh: I can see a woman doing something like that in the DR, it is just the way men from there behave sometimes making women forget of any kind of self-control so they start loosing it even with men who are not Dominican ;)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Back to the thread subject - he did give me a movie ticket and I kept stub in my purse for some time. Then I got rid of it as well as anything else related. :laugh:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Why keep it

Back to the thread subject - he did give me a movie ticket and I kept stub in my purse for some time. Then I got rid of it as well as anything else related. :laugh:
If he gave you a ticket to go by yourself, the message couldn't have been clearer. Next time get cash/traveler's cheques/credit cards ... free advice, my good deed for today ;)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
If he gave you a ticket to go by yourself, the message couldn't have been clearer. Next time get cash/traveler's cheques/credit cards ... free advice, my good deed for today ;)

:laugh: we actually went to the movie together, he gave the ticket to me so I could keep it, I guess.

Thanks for the advice. I can just imagine how much fun it is throwing all this "cash/traveler's cheques/credit cards" (at him probably ;) ) Now I understand why men don't like giving heavy objects to women and try to stay away from anything that can hurt in general ...:bunny:

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Ulterior motive, maybe ....

:laugh: we actually went to the movie together, he gave the ticket to me so I could keep it, I guess.

Thanks for the advice. I can just imagine how much fun it is throwing all this "cash/traveler's cheques/credit cards" (at him probably ;) ) Now I understand why men don't like giving heavy objects to women and try to stay away from anything that can hurt in general ...:bunny:
Perhaps he wanted you to pay him for the ticket .... he gives you the ticket and in return you give him cash :ermm:

Who said anything about throwing "cash/traveler's cheques/credit cards (at him)" .... keep it!!!!! You women would never learn, so on you go on your merry way :)

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Perhaps he wanted you to pay him for the ticket .... he gives you the ticket and in return you give him cash :ermm:

Who said anything about throwing "cash/traveler's cheques/credit cards (at him)" .... keep it!!!!! You women would never learn, so on you go on your merry way :)

why men are so materialistic? isn't it clear that no amount of money can ever substitute the joy of throwing it? money cannot pay for disrespect despite of what a lot of people think or do.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Yes dear, men are so dumb

why men are so materialistic? isn't it clear that no amount of money can ever substitute the joy of throwing it? money cannot pay for disrespect despite of what a lot of people think or do.
Yes my dear, men are dumb .... you are right dear. Those lousy bastards have all the money and you my dear have all the emotions.
One question my dear, in a divorce, why do women try to get their hands on all the loot, why not ROCKS instead? :ermm: :ermm:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Yes my dear, men are dumb .... you are right dear. Those lousy bastards have all the money and you my dear have all the emotions.
One question my dear, in a divorce, why do women try to get their hands on all the loot, why not ROCKS instead? :ermm: :ermm:

I am not sure what "all" women do in divorces. Each case is different. In modern society sometimes it is a woman who provides the most and man is trying to hold on to the "loot." We should not generalize.