Tickets during February

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
I just had a question, I was planning to make a trip to Santiago in February for a week. Not a resort, just airline ticket and possible hotel. I was going to stay for a week. I know that sometime in February, there is the Carnival, so I was just wondering if the airline ticket prices go up during that time. Thank you guys!

wrightway

Mar 23, 2006
I was there last February for Carnival, purely by chance (as I did not know Carnival was occurring that week) and ticket price was no higher. It was a blast, but watch your behind.....

hannahleea

Jan 31, 2006
Santiago and Carnival

Some friends and I are flying in to Santiago out of JFK on JetBlue and got really great prices. Don't know if it'd during Carnival though. When is Carnival?

El Diego

Apr 24, 2006
Some friends and I are flying in to Santiago out of JFK on JetBlue and got really great prices. Don't know if it'd during Carnival though. When is Carnival?

i think carnival is the whole wk during Feb 27th..

when are you going in feb? in time for end of feb? you can catch festival fever if you go end of feb.

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
i think carnival is the whole wk during Feb 27th..

when are you going in feb? in time for end of feb? you can catch festival fever if you go end of feb.

I'm going February 9th to February 18th or 19th. That's my reading week, so I have to go then, and I'm flying into Santiago.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
I was there last February for Carnival, purely by chance (as I did not know Carnival was occurring that week) and ticket price was no higher. It was a blast, but watch your behind.....

The same for me. I flew in from Toronto and it was quite reasonable. ditto!;)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i have been traveling around that time for a few years now....and the fares generaly do not fluctuate around then. last year i got 199 rt (301 after taxes and fee's)...so far right now the fare is 396 usd after taxes etc).

i HAVe noticed that if you are booking for feb/march...that some times the prices dip a bit around december.

These prices are on Continental from Newark (EWR) to SDQ....Santiago is always a bit cheaper.